PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone

Finally demudded and caught up with sleep

Pleasures for yesterday

1 well what a strange day, try to keep up with events. Not sure if there's a pleasure but it certainly wasn't dull
    2 got some good 'thought' work done on thesis
    3 got the ironing done
    4 Ds did the hoovering
    5 mother in law brought some beautiful tulips

And today

1 good drive to dads. Can't remember the last time I drive so far (over three hours), and particularly alone. Had a good old sing song
    2 sunshine streaming through the window
    3 went to see the sea
    4 Few glasses of wine
    5 Dad is chirpy. Made him the promised banoffee pie which he loved

Have a good weekend all . I am picking up DD tomorrow with all her stuff :eek: I am driving for two hours to do a journey that would be 7miles by sea :)
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    MrsLurcherWalker I have the same foot condition, now going on for 18monthes, been told it will go one day by different doctors, pain is now on the side of my foot as opposed to the bottom of my foot.

Oh well will just have to keep plodding on ,:)x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1. Just catching up on all your pleasures
    BoP glad Jenny rebooted
    Frith - sorry its very belated :bdaycake:

MHags so sorry to hear your news re OH, hugs to you all x

Its been a week of ups and downs, a few pleasures

1. out to lunch with colleagues mid week - cheap and cheerful only spent £5

2. long chat on phone with DP's back from 2 weeks holiday

3. DS has been given his dress uniform for award ceremony this month and looks really smart

4. its Friday (well technically its now Saturday but anyway, its the weekend :j

5. hm beef curry for dinner - had a microwave co-op Chinese takeout meal last night still saving money by avoiding the takeaway

Have a good weekend everyone x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good afternoon, I am sitting at the breakfast bar looking down over the sea. It's been a beautiful day. Tad chilly but nothing a hat , scarf and gloves won't fix.

Up early as I do . Sat in the dark and watched the Sky lighten. It was the most stunning red and orange and pink , coming up over the hills and reflecting on the calmest sea. Just perfect.

Whilst my family took blooming ages to get ready ( this frustrates me no end! ) I made a cottage pie for tea tonight.

We headed into Hobart and went to Salamanca Market , which is very famous. Our friends had told us where to park and it was only $4 all day ( Melbourne would be 10 times this!) we passed our tickets on when we got back.

Had a wander round the market , I bought a kilo of apples ( democrat variety ) .met our friends and we went a walk , up , up and up some more and found a nice cafe to sit outside ( we had Haggis) had a nice catch up with them and then we walked down, down, down getting a running commentary of where we were.

Said goodbye , until we go to theirs for dinner on Monday , and we headed to Dodges Ferry to a surfers beach. Bit busier than Haggis' Beach! He had a ball, in and out the surf . DD1 had a paddle ( on her things to do before 20 list ) 'twas freezing!

Back to cottage for hot chocolates and a relax.

Enjoy your weekend . I have a 'day off' tomorrow . Others are going adventuring and I'm on dog duty and reading duty :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning AMBER, funnily enough this morning I've woken up with no sore heel but distinct discomfort right along the outside of my left foot. very strange!!!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Watching the birds in the garden. The amount of birds in the garden since I started to feed them regularly is amazing.

2. Relaxing in the garden with a glass of wine.

3. A vase of roses picked from the garden. My roses are doing really well this year.

4. Tidy house - helps that DS2 is away for the week.

5. Watching Wales win yesterday. They were so delighted with the win and played as a team.

6. DH going to a rugby club dinner and DS1 also went and drove which meant I didn't have to do the driving.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 Fortunately there is a charge on the bridge to get into Wales! And please remember, Taff is a river that flows through Cardiff!

4 Just had mega fest of two snorkers, two rashers of best back. Star cut grilled toms, pan mushrooms, toast hot buttered and marmite topped with a poached egg. Washed down with tap waters and concentrate of lemon. Toast and hot buttered jam was also wolfed. Tea, loose leaf, was poured. In the cupbored there is a selection of tarts with jam and some cakes of Jaffa!

3 Last night watching the watching a BoPsie series, it has Mr Powell in it. She is a bit drooling at the moment, but that is because the BoP is even more ...

2 Nite we have the special recipe chicken sticky for supper, that is if there is room after the tarts of jam and cakes of Jaffa have been scoffed.

Now for the cricket, and they are playing in Wales!

At waterloo is a monument to victory, in Trafalgar square there is a column to a leader. And the Duke got a right good send off.

Next time we had to intervene in Europe, things had changed.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,175 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news from earlier this week, MHags. I hope things swing into action smoothly. Your holiday sounds marvellous!

Been absent a few days - so very tired with a cold. Here are a few pleasures before today's.

1) The car nearly passed its MOT!

2) Work went OK. One colleague that I had almost "written off" as very rude and harsh a year ago (not had to work with her since, by chance) was completely different on Friday.

3) The Wales match! I did wonder if our neighbour would break the door down to investigate the screaming. :-D Smaller son said, "I've lost my voice a bit", then "Wales! In a semi-final! It's just over there!!"

4) Hens doing well.

Pleasures for today:

1) A lie in.

2) Popped to Ludlow to transfer money from ISA, look round charity shops etc.

3) Went to the fete in the village hall.

4) Spent hours buying train tickets and booking hotels. 1 night in Paris, 2 in Switzerland, 1 in Como and 1 in Freiburg. :-) Train tickets reserved as much as I can...

5) Spent a couple of hours weeding, helped by the hens.
  • Smiley87
    Smiley87 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Friday and Saturday have whizzed by here! Here's 5 things for the past two days:
    1. Family all pulled together and helped us decorate and the atmosphere was lovely - they're fab!
    2. Now sat enjoying a cuppa in our newly decorated front room
    3. Saved over £100 since I quit smoking now
    4. My other half - absolute gem!
    5. Getting to know someone better and realising that they're not what everyone says they are
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Frith - with you on the Wales thing. We've supported Wales for,years in our house. Since,DS was about 7. I'm so happy for him as he has taken a lot of flak at school for being a Wales supporter

For yesterday
    1 a reasonable sleep at dads. A quiet couple of hours before getting up. Blue sky outside
    2 good drive round to sarfend. Didn't quite take two hours. Good sing song again.
    3 she had packed and cleaned.:T. Nice car park man let me park in a "forgotten to pay" bay so we didn't have to keep going up and down in the lift. It (just about) all fitted in the car – and is now all over the conservatory :eek:
    4 good drive home,despite occasional torrential rain.
    5 beer and BBQ when we arrived :beer:

Gardening today. Have a good one all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills