PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Muppet81
    Muppet81 Posts: 951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all :A

Sorry that I have not been on for my "fix" for a few days. Mad, mad busy !

Hope you are all well and coping with the run up to Christmas? Hugs and love to all who need them and I know it can be a difficult time of year for many, for many reasons.

Can I draw my list of pleasures from the last few days?

1) Did a BHWT chicken rescue. Cold and snowy but 324 ex battery hens rehomed to lovely caring people. We all wore Santa hats and a donkey on the farm wore antlers with bells. A nice lunch and a glass of wine as well. What a lovely feel good day.
    2) Tesco shop was cancelled due to weather so I met Mr M at bottom of lane when he finished work. We went to Mr T's and did our big shop. At bottom of lane, loaded it onto sledges to pull up to home. Nice couple from further up and with a 4x4 kindly took pity and gave us and our shopping a lift up. All well stocked up now and just in time as the snow then started with e vengance and started to drift.
    2) Meal round at friends last night. Fortunately within walking distance as we have 5' drifts on the lane at the moment!
    3) House all nice and clean for Christmas. Mr M did downstairs and I did upstairs.
    4) All around Chez Muppet is a winter wonderland and today we spent a lot of time digging and moving snow in the lane. Good fun, good excercise and an excuse to have a tot of whisky in my coffee ;)
    No cars can get up yet which is worrying as my Golden Oldies are due Boxing Day and although we can leave the car and walk up the lane, they can't at 83, 86 and 89.
    5) Lazy night in tonight with a baked camembert and a bottle of red wine.

Good night all and sleep well. If i don't get chance to come back on before Christmas ... I just hope you all have a good one and thanks for the wonderful support I have had on here of late. Love to all
    xxx
    Thank you for this site :jNow OH and I are both retired, MSE is a Godsend
  • sunflower76
    Options
    I've got a few for today:
    1. A big bunch of flowers from Thomas Cook for upsetting me when I had to cancel our holiday. I did have to write a letter of complaint and it has taken them 3 months to respond but hey ho.
    2. Leaving work 2 hours early
    3. Finishing my last Christmas card (cross stitch). I know it's shamefully late to be handing out cards but don't tell me off :naughty:
    4. Being all prepared for Christmas.
    5. Looking forward to a lovely lie in tomorrow morning
    6. Being on top of the chores and meal planning
    7. Whoopsies from the Coop yesterday
    8. Free milk from work as it's now closed until after Christmas and the extra won't get used
  • scintus-macbintus
    Options
    Hi there
    Thank you all for making me so welcome,it's great to read all your posts.
    My 5 for today

1* Sat and watched a lovely little robin in the garden whilst having my breakfast it was so cute :)

2* Laughed at myself inwardly at my physiotherapist's cute bottom whilst he was showing me how to do my knee exercises THEN crying out loud on realising I am old enough to be his mum!!!!! and should not be admiring young man's bum's....guess it's a menopause thing.

3* seeing my poor troubled friend with her bad news only to hear her say it's not life threatening and what wont kill her will only make her stronger....I so admire her she is strong willed and she will get through her dilemma.

4* Laughing like 2 school girls with my troubled friend at the phyiso's cute bum...it did brighten the mood a little/lots

5* Recieving a phone call from my lovely neice telling me how she is loving being a newly qualified nurse....I'm dead proud of her:)

Have a nice evening everyone xx
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Well thanks for the good wishes but I AM STILL HERE. Operation was cancelled again today due to lack of High Dependancy beds. So looking on the positive side, I WILL be home for christmas:D

Pleasures for today

1 Relief that I will be at home for christmas now as op will def be after christmas now

2 Went out for lunch with DD1 and DD2 who had both taken time off to "look after me" when we thought I would originally be having op on Monday. We had a lovely chat and enjoyed being able to get into christmas spirit without op hanging over us

3 The lunch itself was lovely, mine was King prawn and smoked salmon pasta, with some very large glasses of wine to accompany it.

4 Watching a lovely fat little robin through the restaurant window.

5 Coming home and watching a christmas film in front of the fire and dozing off (probably due to the aforementioned large glasses of wine and lack of sleep due to worrying last night).

Have a good evening all

x
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Caterina I would love to swap places with you and revisit the UK.
    Went there 10 years ago for my son's wedding. He was married at Trinity College, so we made the most of the opportunity and spent a couple of months in your beautiful country. The weather was glorious the whole time, but we still didn't manage to see everything on my 'wish list'.

anyway my five for yesterday:

1. Picked another 5kg of cherry plums. I thin that a batch of plum wine will be on the cards over winter.

2. The marlin have arrived, and DH and mates are planning an expedition to intercept a couple of them. He is very much into 'catch and release' so I don't mind too much, and its so great to see him excited and plotting adventures. Its exactly a year since he was diagnosed with cancer, and we felt our world was ending, now we finally seem to be back on track.

3. All organised for Christmas, presents wrapped, house tidy, I just have to decorate the ham and make a couple of salads.

4. DH also planning a trip up the coast with friends to catch some crayfish for New Year. Means a 4am start, so they can count me out!

5. Will be spending the New Year with Dh's family. It will be great to catch up with them again. Four out of the six siblings will be making the effort to spend the day together, and as we are scattered throughout both islands, it has taken quite a bit of planning.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, and hugs to those in need.
    Blessings be
    Jennie
  • bellaquidsin
    Options
    Fraid I've fallen seriously behind with this thread this week, will just have to tag along from here.

1. Having my DGK's to stay for two nights.

2. Making pressies with them.

3. Making stylish packaging with them. A homemade origami box lifts a simple gift to new heights.

4. All shopping done, shouldn't need anything until January.

5. An unexpected evening in tonight. It's bliss.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

Got to rush as I have to finish sewing and sort kids presents and wrap and other stuff!

1 Getting a lie in. Up till 2am sewing last night to try to get stuff finished and the kids didnt wake up till 9am. So nice!!!

2 Walking in the sunshine to the shops and not slipping over in the snow.

3 A very nice lady phoned me from the insurance company of the person who dented my car at the weekend. They are organising everything, nothing at all to do with my insurance company. They will pick my car up and drop off a courtesy car then return my car when fixed! How easy is that!

4 An afternoon baking, made mince pies, twinks (with white choc melted in butter which has made them sparkle a bit!!)

5 Caught up a bit on washing and ironing. Probably enough so as I dont have to do any more till boxing day!

Thats it, got to get on!
  • savingforoz
    Options
    2* Laughed at myself inwardly at my physiotherapist's cute bottom whilst he was showing me how to do my knee exercises THEN crying out loud on realising I am old enough to be his mum!!!!! and should not be admiring young man's bum's....guess it's a menopause thing.

Can't think of any reason why you shouldn't admire a nice bum, Scintus, no matter what your age...the day I stop looking at cute men will be the day I'm taken out in a coffin! (and even then I'll probably be eyeing up the undertaker...) :D
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,165 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Busy day here! My 5:

1) Going over to visit my friend in Walsall. We have 5 sons and 2 daughters between us :-) We had lunch there and made Christmas cookies.

2) Having Christmas cards in the post and an invitation to Wassailling in the New Year.

3) Having tea at McDonalds then doing a final shop in Sainsburys.

4) Surviving the journey home. It SNOWED while we were in Sainsburys (4-5 inches on top of the ice and bit of snow we already had). On the way back, we went up the bypass of our nearest town and it has 3 lanes - one in either direction then a middle one for overtaking. Well, me and other cars were crawling up our lane in the fresh snow and slush. Cars coming the other way were also tootling along. The middle lane was not being used and had snow heaped up in it. Then one plonker behind decided he would overtake the lot of us! He charged through the snow in the middle lane, weaving all over the place, showering us nice drivers with snow - it was terrifying. Further on there was a crash on the other side (not the overtaking man).

Further out into the country, the snow was deeper and it took me 45 minutes to do the last 2.5 miles. :-S

5) Getting home, putting the shopping away then going back into the snow to have a run around with the boys.

6) Opening my Secret Santa present. (We all agreed to do that this evening).

L
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 December 2009 at 12:27AM
    Options
    My five pleasures for Wednesday:

1. The long strips of wool insulation from yesterday's veggie box are perfect for hanging on our problem back door to stop the draughts. It doesn't look very elegant but we are noticing the temperature difference a lot :D

2. Lovely cobwebs when we went outside were so thick with frost crystals that they looked as if they'd been made with chunky knitting wool. The trees and hedgerows were absolutely stunning when we were driving past them.

3. We went into the nearby big town to do some shopping and DS1 met up with GF to do a present swap of HM biscuits/brownies. How cool/environmentally friendly/OS is that: 16 yo girl and 17 yo boy giving each other HM baked goods that they'd each made for the other for Xmas and it was all their own idea!

4. Had a treatsy time spending some vouchers and points and DS2 and I did the remaining bits of the supermarket shop so there's no more food shopping until next week.

5. Delivered Xmas prezzies to my DSs' families. We're popping round to my parents tomorrow and will take them their usual bag of Xmas ginger biscuits. This year they were made today from start to finish by DS1. Very grateful he's completed that job.

Going to curl up and listen to tonight's Archers on iplayer then get to bed.

Sweet dreams

B xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family