What to do???

Options
124»

Comments

• MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We're all still mulling things over :) None of us want to rush what is potentially a very big decision - I've decided to plan as if she'd be staying here and if she doesn't then it's no biggie (as in no biggie to change those plans - not that she isn't here!!). It's easier to cancel plans than to make them last minute :)

so for now she's still lounging on her bed in the hall way - blissfully unaware of the heartache and stress I've been through trying to decide what is best for her... The more time I've had to think it over the more I know the best for HER is to live with my friend... but we'll see :) At least I know that by facing this NOW I'll have had a huge wake-up call about what changes need to be in place for when I return to work :) I think in an ideal world I'd win the lottery and be able to afford staying home with both my daughter and my dog and cats... alas this ideal world seems to be eluding me ;)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Options
    I can empathise, I worry about my Rabbit adjusting to sharing me with another little thing. It is hard to not have the time to do all you want. Would the situation improve when LO is bigger? Toby can now help me feed the rabbit, and will spend a good 30+ minutes watching me stroke him!
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well - the news is in...

She's staying :) I'm oddly happy for me and sad for her - it WOULD have been a wonderful life... They have decided that they would always feel she was my dog (fair enough really) and are embarking on a life full of puppy teeth and poo ;) The decision however is that whenever she needs a holiday she can go stay with them (even if my mate is away she has gotten permission to take a dog with her including into the office! Lucky mare LOL) and IF we get seconded abroad then they will take her in if we prefer to shipping her across europe...

So my daft nutter of a dog will be staying put - she will probably get a new play mate though (by the looks of it then in December - they found a litter of accidents that will be ready end of Nov but have asked not to pick it up till mid Dec as they prefer the pup to have longer than normal with mum and any potential siblings) - nothing like a Golden Retriever/BC cross to keep them on their toes lol

Thanks all for your input and views - sometimes it's good having others to bounce things off when you're too close to see everything objectively :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mrs Tine.

I'm pleased..I'm thrilled you found a solution to days, with holidays (fun for her, great for a puppy). Its wonderful for your baby as well, to be growing up with a dog.

Families, circustances change, nothing is perfect, for me being with the ones I love makes come comrimise worth while. Without wanting to anthropomorphise, dogs do seem to make all sorts of comprimises for heir owners. I like to think my dog would opt for such a solution.
  • foreign_correspondent
    Options
    Ah well, you will just have to put up with her now I suppose!;)

Serously though, I think she will be fine, and you will find a way to manage it all! I know you were putting her interests first, and I can understand your train of thought, but in a way, now the decision has been made for you, I think it gives you the freedon to move forwards without having to make that decision yourself!

Retriever x collie huh? - should be fun!:D It wont know whether to retrieve or round up! Good job they are outdoors-y types!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure