Update from Lynzpower

Options

Comments

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I managed to get £150 back from Barclays and £30 from our Citi cc card. I am in the middle of a claim also for £150 charges with Alliance and Leicester and am claiming back £80 from another Barclays account. I will take them to court but I am waiting to see if they reply as I just chased it up yesterday.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nice effort love, bet thats money you never thought youd see again!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • tesuhoha
    Options
    Thats right. This site has made a lot of difference to me, what with selling stuff on ebay and getting my electricity bill reduced. All my kids' stuff that I sold a few months ago I would have given them the money for it but I have kept it all because I paid for it originally after all. Also if I save up change I dont put it in their savings accounts now but in my Christmas fund which wont be that much but at least it is budgeted for this year. I am also waiting for the sun to come out so I can go out and give the boat a good clean. Its quite big so have left this job till this week while I'm off work but it keeps raining. Its raining right now on my washing but im just leaving it out there as its only OHs work clothes. By the way the only reason Im cleaning the boat (i hate the thing) is so that I can sell it on ebay.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ooh yeah, did you work out how much you might get for the boat?

Nows the time isnt it, what with the sailing season all starting, summer and all that?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • CosmoCat
    CosmoCat Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi lynz

i can't believe the hotel hasn't paid you back!!! that's unbelieveable. if the bank won't let them do the refund let them send you a cheque or something. you should have had that money back by now!!!

well done on reclaiming all your charges. i hope you get them all back.
    MFW Newbie - #17. (#116 in 2019)
    New Mortgage at Nov 19 - £273 499
    Current Balance - £268 225
    Want to cut down 26 year mortgage by 9 years!
    New MF date 2036 :dance:
  • tesuhoha
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:
    ooh yeah, did you work out how much you might get for the boat?

Nows the time isnt it, what with the sailing season all starting, summer and all that?
    I think we should get at least £500 for it but every time I ask OH he says he hasnt got a clue but i said to him it has to have a reserve price otherwise someone might buy it for 99p!! :eek: I cant tie him down to a price and he wont talk about it :mad: He keeps saying you clean it then instead of spending all day on your site (this one). I cant expect him to clean it as hes working so much at the moment.

• lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MOneyclaim done ( thanks maka) come on lloyds give me my cash back. Really cant afford a new court suit ( not that it will come to that) but if i have to present at court Im going to wear literally rags lol

thats 1472 inc interest. Nice.
    This Ive come to know...
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:
    Yeah, they are going to speak to the bank and then come back to me :T

So hopefully I'll have the money at my disposal later this week. Still a bit overspent though :(

Sorry Lynzpower - has no-one told you the truth? This was your share of the 10k we had transferred into Lennymfo's account.........
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol

I wish it were.instead my virtual money is floating around somewhere outside bangalore :rolleyes:

also to add, 3 things finishing on ebay today -netting me £20 :j
    This Ive come to know...
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To add to todays efforts, not much DFW stuff going on today

1) waiting for ebay things to finish then im off to the post office
    2) tonight gonig to a comedy club which I got free tix for :j on budget of 20 between us, ooh maybe 25
    3) off to strawberry fayre free festival in cambridge tomorrow. :j will take booze with us, saving :money:
    4) just found out that I can now get wormeries from my council and it will only cost me a FIVER instead of the 85 I was budgeting for :j :beer:
    5) Money has eventually been relaesed from the hotel FINALLY
    6) made myself a burger from a bit of mince found in the back of the freezer
    7) cleaned kitch & br floor with stardrops

Someone give me some more motivation, or soemthing more DF to do NOW!! Im bored! and tempted to shop on ebay....
    This Ive come to know...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills