Update from Lynzpower

Options

Comments

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Have you phoned the hotel Lynz?
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah, they are going to speak to the bank and then come back to me :T

So hopefully I'll have the money at my disposal later this week. Still a bit overspent though :(
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back & SO pleased that you had a great weekend...was thinking of you! Re coinage!! I have a perfect solution but its £20!! I got a coin sorter (see Argos online) and its FAB!! All you do at the end of each day is chuck in coins & its all sorted into tubes for you and when it reaches a mark you have x amount of that coin - no counting, its all done for you! I LOVE the sound of the clunking & my mum was laughing at me as I gleefully added money on Sunday!! I knew when I got it that it would be an extravagence but worth it! As for Lloyds BANK....AGGGGG I swapped from first direct & they are SOOOOO slow! Seriously thinking of changing again because it does my head in with f/d used to seeing in/out instantly! You can take coins into HSBC as they're subsidiary of F/D - als think they may have coin sorters in branch...sure someone somehere mentioned it...so pleased that you had good w/e though - much needed me thinks! Keep up the good work and if you cant manage on £20 till pay day no hope for the rest of us eh!!! Sure they'll sort it out but knowing Lloyds will take them twice as long as anyone else...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In fairness, once you get up & running with Lloyds they have been really good to me. everything pretty straightforward and Ive had a blinding account manager, who I really like. the only reason why Im changing is to get the £90 introductory thing from A&L otherwoise I wouldnt have bothered. Mind you cant fathom the webiste no matter what I try!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok, today is a new day,

So far I have recieved the egg card only ordered yesterday! ( cor theyre quick :rolleyes: and will be using this for the moneyclaim thing as its 0%)
    Waiting for response on that

You know my idea about each pack of the free fags from mother I smoke, I will pay off my debt at a fiver? So, Ive just opened another pack and phoned Lloysds, they wont transfer a fiver to my B/card, say they cant even though they blatantly did it yesterday.

Phoned barclaycard, they wont take the payment over the phone as Ive already paid some money off this month? I was like what are you on about. they said I have to take the card with the cash to the bank- Ive chopped the card. Why should I have to leave the house if I dont want to, allthis technology and its still into branch with the cash. Surely not :confused:
    This Ive come to know...
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lloysds have now let me make the payment. For pitys sake!

So another fiver off the b/card. YES :j

Still trying to sort out this mystery £250, hotel still havent refunded. :(
    This Ive come to know...
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Lynz,

Just wanted to say how inspiring I found your mini-blog. It has shown me that the small changes really do add up and for the first time in my adult life I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Well done on your achievement so far and I hope to be writing similar success stories in a few months' time.

Mrs S x x
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oooh cheers Mrs S, I wish Id done this from the start of being here, as Im sure Ive missed off things Ive done.

Changes certainly do add up, I dont fear the postman anymore, so thats a revolution!!!
    This Ive come to know...
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok update.

Went to tescos and spent ( using my CC voucher) 21.45. this included 4 count them packs of finest sausages for £1 each, now in the freezer.

Having the chinese feast tonight, duck legs roasting away for crispy duck heaven later YUM!

had a bit of interest in one of the tops Ive got on ebay. Hopefully that will sell!

ebay & GM purchases sent.

about to do a yougov survey ( i WILL get some money one day!!)

Spend today 1.50 bus back
    21.45 tescos
    2.41 in post office.

Not bad. Hopefully a no spender tomorrow
    :T
    This Ive come to know...
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today my barclaycard DPA has arrived. I shall be going through that with my highlighter mwahaha

Still need to resolve this hotel issue GOOD GOD

Got some free seeds coutresy of the freebies board.

letter recieved closing my LX direct account.

Im hoping for a productive one.
    This Ive come to know...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills