Update from Lynzpower

Options

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheers SS, there is one bank at the end of my street, I have absolutley no excuse aside from laziness.

Loopyloulou, lady, I think you need an update thread of your own, they are pretty motivating! :beer:
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • CosmoCat
    CosmoCat Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what a wonderful weekend you've had. i was wondering where you got off to yesterday. it's not the same here when you're not around.

i've got around £100 worth of coins around my house and haven't done anything with them for ages. do you just go into any bank and ask for coin bags? how much can you carry in at a time. (i bank with internet bank so don't have a branch i can go into)

thanks
    MFW Newbie - #17. (#116 in 2019)
    New Mortgage at Nov 19 - £273 499
    Current Balance - £268 225
    Want to cut down 26 year mortgage by 9 years!
    New MF date 2036 :dance:
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have internet banking too, and nowhere takes my coins co-op/smile. Oh only has internet banking as well Argh. Althogh out first direct account will take them at a HSBC counter we think, so Im counting them out today and will send OH with a few quid tomorrow, we certainly dont have 100! Morew like 15. I have been swapping a tenner for coinage, then rationing the coinage instead. Im going into my nearest bank & asking for coin bags, doesnt really matter whether you bank with them or not I dont think. this coinage thing is stressssssful lol

but theres only copper left now ad virtually unuseable.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • Annie_Fanny
    Annie_Fanny Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah HSBC will take coins and then deposit them into your First Direct account - I've done this before.

Wow melabarrie - you've got a £100 in coins! Nice one! Will take a while to count out though!
    "Debt makes plans for you" - A quote from my friend Catherine. How true!
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You have to sort them out, 1ps and 2p into £s, put them in any small plastic bag and they weigh them. 5ps and 10ps £5 at a time, 20ps £10 in a bag i think.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lynz,

Have I missed something? Have you given up smoking with the reference to the £5 going into savings? If so, well done!!

Sea xx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh no havent given up smoking...

My parents brought us back 400 from egypt, so for each pack we smoke, we have to pay off debt with the fiver.
    This Ive come to know...
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:

My parents brought us back 400 from egypt, so for each pack we smoke, we have to pay off debt with the fiver.
    That's a good idea!! So that's £100!! Cool! :beer:
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,386 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lynz
    Glad that you had a great weekend
    gosh , you make me feel tired just reading your list of things to do-never mind doing it!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:

Oh right - still good money savig though!! :D
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business