PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chicken Stock Gone Like Jelly

Options

Comments

• cheerfulness4
    Options
    The cold jelly on hot toast with pepper is one of the cooks perks in my opinion.
  • noonesperfect
    Options
    :T Oooh Stephen you ARE masterful! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll certainly be using this chicken jelly then. Thanks all
    :wave:
  • cazza1968
    Options
    OOOOOHHHH....boxing day breakfast from as far back as i can remeber ...turkey dripping on toast...(works as well with chicken)
  • noonesperfect
    Options
    The pie was delicious (even tho I say it meself :rolleyes: ) OH didn't say a word till he'd finished - always a good sign!
  • champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    moanymoany wrote: »
    I use an enamel covered roaster.

Could I just pick up on this? I have inherited an enamel covered roaster from my late MIL. I have looked at it a few times but not sure how to use it - would you mind telling me about it?

Many thanks!
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • angelavdavis
    Options
    champys wrote: »
    Could I just pick up on this? I have inherited an enamel covered roaster from my late MIL. I have looked at it a few times but not sure how to use it - would you mind telling me about it?

Many thanks!
    Hi, my mother always uses one and I also have one now. Very easy, just put the chicken inside as usual, seasoning as you would and pop the lid on.

The chicken will still get crispy but the actual roaster prevents it drying out.

Another benefit is that your oven will stay cleaner as it doesn't get splashed by juices.
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    The chicken will still get crispy but the actual roaster prevents it drying out.

Another benefit is that your oven will stay cleaner as it doesn't get splashed by juices.

Thank you Angela - I had never seen one before, but I may just try to use it for my Christmas venison roast. My MIL was a vegetarian, I wonder why she still had this in her kitchen!
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    morwenna wrote: »
    Stephen that just made me laugh, what a great expression:rotfl:

I couldn't think of anything else!
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    :T Oooh Stephen you ARE masterful! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll certainly be using this chicken jelly then. Thanks all

Whilst I don't want to darken the mood of the thread, it is just that, with so many people in this world dying for want of food, I simply abhor any waste of it.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • noonesperfect
    Options
    Sorry I was being flirtacious (sp) Stephen! :snow_laug

Glad I took your advice the pie was the most tasty I've ever made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport