ugg outlet- is it a scam?

Options

Comments

• tads
    tads Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    iv bought quite a few pairs from ugg-outlet1. com and have always received them within 2 weeks! If they are copies they are very good as they are identicle 2 the 2 pairs id previous paid lots 4 in the shops
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tads wrote: »
    iv bought quite a few pairs from ugg-outlet1. com and have always received them within 2 weeks! If they are copies they are very good as they are identicle 2 the 2 pairs id previous paid lots 4 in the shops

Is that anything to do with the fact you work for them?

:spam:
  • markfj
    markfj Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I have just been scammed by the same person to guys:

I paid him £290 through paypal, his name was also John and the ad was on gumtree under cambridge listings, I havent heard from him since, he told me he can sort free postage as Royal mail are always going into his workplace, I paid the £290 into his paypal account,when I google the phone number its a Thailand phone number. I havent heard from him since, and he also gave me his adress and guess where he "lives" Brighton, same place as above and his name is also John, payment when through to a Mr J. Acres. This was only a day or so ago so I cant open a dispute, but its clear to me its a scam

What should I do, I cant opend a case on PP yet, I know from reading he will send a fake phone, I have told everyone at home NOT to accept/sign for it, If I refuse it, will postman not say I refused it, that will get sent to paypal and then considered my fault?
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    tads wrote: »

I think as others have said, you are associated with the business in which case, shame on you.

Alternatively, you are just very stupid.
  • markfj
    markfj Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    sorry to bump this

To those that got conned by Jonny Adams and did NOT get your money back

Did you sign for the parcel or not?

I have been conned by the same person as I mention above, but its too early for me to file a dispute, when I do, file a dispute I now know he will send me a fake phone, if I refuse to sign for it, it should get sent back to him, and I hopefully win my case? correct? or not
  • ninacarter124
    Options
    They seem legit but Im afraid of getting ripped off. I have been scammed before.
    has anyone bought uggs from wwwuggsoutlet?

I am a new user and am not allowed to submit links. the site starts with a www.
    and from there it is again wwwuggsoutlet
    and then the .com
  • ninacarter124
    Options
    They seem legit but Im afraid of getting ripped off. I have been scammed before.
    has anyone bought uggs from wwwuggsoutlet?

I am a new user and am not allowed to submit links. the site starts with a www.
    and from there it is again wwwuggsoutlet
    and then the .com
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you do not buy from a reputable source then they are fakes and if you get ripped off then
    you have more money than sense.

read how many people complain of getting fakes or nothing at all, Do you want to take the risk?

"Fools and their money are easily parted" Springs to mind.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• madmoo28
    Options
    Hi does anyone know if Uggwonder.com is a scam website?? I bought 2 pairs off there on the 10th Nov. My order was confirmed and a tracking number sent but it cannot be tracked and they have not replied to my e-mails??

Thanks

Jo
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    yes it's a scam, the bad English and spelling mistakes kind of gives it away.
    got to hand it to these guys though, they even have the Jimmy Choo range on there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure