ugg outlet- is it a scam?

Options

Comments

• shemroon
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Though I am so bitter about loosing £250 on the 4th June but I am glad to find this support group where I can share my experience with. I paid this John Adam guy the money through PayPal towards an iphone upgrade which he promised to post. I have opened a case with PayPal today and been to the bank. Not very optimistic though. It was only tonight when I looked again on the Internet and googled his number and to my astonishment I found him putting new ads again all over the country. He seems to be operating over the weekend. Gumtree seem to remove his ad as they receive complaints but I suppose it is late for some and there are people who end up as his victims unfortunately like myself.
    I also found out that he used a surrey address in one of his ads. When I googled that it came up as a plumber with a mobile phone. I am going to call this number tomorrow. If I get anywhere I shall share it with the rest.
  • Jodz
    Jodz Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi.....sorry to hear you are in the same boat.......I so wish I had googled his details before sending him £300, but I suppose you learn by your mistakes! Anyway, I think you should be covered, as PayPal changed their policy from 1st June, so that they now protect buyers receiving items not as described. Hopefully you should be fine! Apparently John is also trading under the following site mobiles4you123.webs.com and they say that they dont accept PayPal anymore due to a lot of fraud and scammers....nothing to do with the fact that PayPal now protect buyers against conmen like him!
  • sd_2805
    Options
    hi i also have just been scammed by this horrible man... i cant believe i fell for it! i saw his ad on gumtree and im very cautious about buying things from places like that, anyway, i asked him all about the phone, (an iphone 3gs) which i have been looking for everywhere at the right price, he offered to send it out on insured postage and everything and asked for my paypal address so he could send me an invoice, i gave him it and sent £280 instant transfer on the 7th of june, a week later i was starting to get worried, iv tried calling his number (01273 930604) and someone answered it once and told me he wasnt home, since then i havent had an answer, iv e mailed him multiple times, and then i googled his number, thank god for google... as when i did i i realised id been scammed when i saw all of your postings. i immediately got in touch with paypal and told them what had happened, i hope they can help me and get my money back, he used the paypal account ruth jawad 007@ gmail.com. He also gave me a home address 4 birling close, brighton, BN2 4DH, i am absolutely devastated and thought this would never happen to me... i will never trust gumtree again!
  • Jodz
    Options
    Just searched this conman's number on google again, and he has since set up this site ugg4vip.com. There is no end to him......apart from he keeps using the same phone number.

Jodie
  • saqib2008
    Options
    Hi, i have been scammed by this John Adams, yesterday i made a bank transfer to him of £250, i have contacted him a number of times and he does not reply. After reading the posts on the page i am astonished on how he could scam so many people and get away with it! What a fraudster!! He is still scamming people and has put up new adds on gumtree. Beware of this fake!!
  • Jodz
    Options
    If you see any of his ads on gumtree, report them as fraud, they are then deleted straight away. There are a few of us on here which are doing it. He is an absolute joke! Paypal are also condoning his actions though as they arent doing anything to stop him as are still accepting transactions for him.

Which email address did he use for your transaction? Did you pay by paypal or just bank transfer??

Jodie
  • shemroon
    Options
    I was scammed by this guy, Johnny Adams on the 4th June. Paid for an iphone using my debit card via PayPal. When I didn't hear from him, I realized that he wasn't a genuine seller so I contacted the PayPal and opened a case for not receiving the item bought. The reply was that I had to wait until the 21st June which was yesterday and then they would investigate the case if the seller doesn't reply.
    In the mean time he sent me a parcel which I knew it is not what I expected and paid for and did not sign for and returned.
    Today I was pleasantly surprised to see a full refund!!
    When I contacted my bank they said if you pay by debit card, ther sis nothing the bank can do wheras if I had paid by credit card, even if the PayPal failed to refund the money , I would have been protected by the credit card insurance. Good to know now!
  • shemroon
    Options
    saqib2008 wrote: »
    Hi, i have been scammed by this John Adams, yesterday i made a bank transfer to him of £250, i have contacted him a number of times and he does not reply. After reading the posts on the page i am astonished on how he could scam so many people and get away with it! What a fraudster!! He is still scamming people and has put up new adds on gumtree. Beware of this fake!!

Hi
    How did you pay for your iphone? If it was by credit card, then you are protected by the card insurance and can get your money back. contact your bank immediately.
    If you paid by PayPal, then open a dispute based on 'item not received'. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PARCELS THROUGH THE POST. It is a cheap toy phone as I have heard. It takes 10 days before you get refunded by PayPal. You should open the case after 7 days of your payment giving him time for delivery.
    I hope information above is helpful. Can you please tick on the scam box if you ever see his ad appearing on Gumtree to help others not get hurt.
    Finally , can you please spread the word and share your information with others so more people will be aware of him and his nasty scams.
  • Jodz
    Options
    Unfortuantely if you are out at the time of delivery, he has asked for the parcel still to be left.....my note from the courier through the door stated - left in blue bin as requested. I hadn't requested anything to be left there. He obviously hopes that you aren't in and the parcel will still be left. As I received my fake iphone PayPal arent refunding me the £300. I have complained to the financial ombudsman regarding them as I think its disgusting that they are condoning this type of business via their company.

Shemroom and saqib2008, are you willing for Davey3007 to add you to his list of victims, if so, can you send me your email address so I can pass it onto him. He is basically hoping that if he can get enough people who have been scammed by him, who are willing to give evidence, then the police/trading standards may listen.

Jodie
  • Jodz
    Options
    Which paypal email addresses did you both use as well? It seems he is using quite a few different ones, probably up until paypal block them, then starts a new one.

Jodie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport