ugg outlet- is it a scam?

Options

Comments

• belfastchelsea
    Options
    Dotk wrote: »
    Hi
    I have been scammed by this guy also. I thought I was buying his unwanted upgrade as he sent a serial number for the phone which checked out on the apple website. However what I received 8 days later was a fake iphone direct from China. My local Apple Store manager has written a letter confirming its a fake and despite me having this and the emails from Mr Adams providing the serial number etc they say they can do nothing!
    Someone has said that the police are interested in interviewing him - can the police not trace him from details he has registered with paypal or at least stop him from using them to receive monies as paypal are not prepared to do anything.
    I paid £300 via paypal and I am disgusted with their attitude and would like to warn other people to think very seriously before using paypal for anything.

My last chance is to report this to the police and see if they can stop paypal paying him my money. If I get anywhere with the police I will let you know.

Regards

Dot
    its a disgrace surly the police are bound to be able to stop paypal releasing the funds to him i paid him on thurs so he has to the 13 june for him to send them tracking code and signture i wont be accepting any parcels till after the ten days
  • belfastchelsea
    Options
    Hi
    I have been scammed by this guy also. I thought I was buying his unwanted upgrade as he sent a serial number for the phone which checked out on the apple website. However what I received 8 days later was a fake iphone direct from China. My local Apple Store manager has written a letter confirming its a fake and despite me having this and the emails from Mr Adams providing the serial number etc they say they can do nothing!
    Someone has said that the police are interested in interviewing him - can the police not trace him from details he has registered with paypal or at least stop him from using them to receive monies as paypal are not prepared to do anything.
    I paid £300 via paypal and I am disgusted with their attitude and would like to warn other people to think very seriously before using paypal for anything.

My last chance is to report this to the police and see if they can stop paypal paying him my money. If I get anywhere with the police I will let you know.

Regards

Dot
    hi dot iam going to check with my bank tomorrow i heard that you can put a charge back on the transaction if didnt receive it or its not as discribed cause as that you said paypal probley wont do a thing seeing it was iof gumtree and not ebay
  • Dotk
    Dotk Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    its a disgrace surly the police are bound to be able to stop paypal releasing the funds to him i paid him on thurs so he has to the 13 june for him to send them tracking code and signture i wont be accepting any parcels till after the ten days

Hi Again,

Found out today that paypal has closed the case and released the money to him despite me providing evidence that this guy is a complete fraudster. I have also since learned from another forum that all paypal are interested in is a tacking number from the seller and it is irrelevant if you have accepted/received the parcel! So good luck (email me on kellegher@talktalk.net) and I will help in any way I can. Regards

Dot
  • belfastchelsea
    Options
    Hi Again,

Found out today that paypal has closed the case and released the money to him despite me providing evidence that this guy is a complete fraudster. I have also since learned from another forum that all paypal are interested in is a tacking number from the seller and it is irrelevant if you have accepted/received the parcel! So good luck (email me on [EMAIL="kellegher@talktalk.net"]kellegher@talktalk.net[/EMAIL]) and I will help in any way I can. Regards

Dot
    hi again i was on with paypal today and they told me that i was ok cause i paid fruadster john adams after the 1st of june cause that was when they changed ther policy to protect against scamers by protecting buyer by giving full protection to buyer on all sites including classifields like gumtree for item listed not as discribed were before they only give the buyer protection for items not as discribe for items bought of ebay these terms only changed on the 1st of june so i was very lucky i paid him on the 3rd june
  • Jodz
    Jodz Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2010 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Well John provided paypal with a tracking number for my fake iphone, which will be all they need to close the case I assume, as he had very cleverly, asked the courier to leave the package round the back of the house....funny that, as I would have declined any phone coming from China - quite obviously not an unwanted upgrade iphone.

I would have thought that seeing as there are loads of people who have been scammed by him paypal would have seriously put a stop to all this. I first opened my dispute with Paypal on 19th May, and am still waiting for an outcome. John provided the tracking number, and they have asked him for further information, just not sure what, and they will make their decision by 23rd June......which I am 100% sure will be they cant do anything further.

I have seen a response from John to someone else he scammed on another forum where he openly admits to scamming people! He apparently lives in Thailand, not sure what to believe, but want to do anything in my power to stop this absolute conman scamming any more poor people. Surely the police have to take this seriously, when its £300 each time.

I have tried to contact Davey3007 on the email address, but havent heard anything back. Does anyone know how we could take this further with someone who has some authority to do something??

Jodie
  • davey3007
    Options
    As you know I am investigating this Johnny Adams and would welcome any information you have. I need at least half a dozen Victims to come forward to give evidence before we can make a Case & secure a prosecution.
    I can be contacted on djinvestigations@hotmail.com
    or directaction@hotmail.com
    Or 07887864126

Davey 3007
  • belfastchelsea
    Options
    davey3007 wrote: »
    As you know I am investigating this Johnny Adams and would welcome any information you have. I need at least half a dozen Victims to come forward to give evidence before we can make a Case & secure a prosecution.
    I can be contacted on [EMAIL="djinvestigations@hotmail.com"]djinvestigations@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]
    or [EMAIL="directaction@hotmail.com"]directaction@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]
    Or 07887864126

Davey 3007
    hi this guy just dosnt know when to stop i used a differnt email address today to contact him asking him did he still have the iphone for sale and he wrote back yes what do you need to know
  • Jodz
    Options
    I am astounded at the cheek of him.........he says on most of his adverts that you pay cash on collection.....perhaps someone should arrange to meet him and then get him!
  • belfastchelsea
    Options
    Jodz wrote: »
    I am astounded at the cheek of him.........he says on most of his adverts that you pay cash on collection.....perhaps someone should arrange to meet him and then get him!
    i offerd he never replied lol surprise
  • Jodz
    Options
    Yeah surprise surprise!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts