We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: £60m refund for mortgage protection hike victims

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    thank's for that.
    At least we know with Pinnacle they are getting in touch with us before the deadline.;)
  • zoeeeet
    zoeeeet Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    this is the response we have got from adminicle

"At present no decision has been made regarding the Ant Insurance Transfer policies. However, the Insurer will be writing to you once clarification has been provided by the FSA."

hope thats before jan then we can ditch them and get a cheaper policy

So still unsure what to do for best
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Here is my reply to the one I sent to Helpupay (cardiff pinnacle) about ours going up this year.
    > Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the new FSA Agreement that has
    > recently been announced in the press.
    >
    > I can confirm that a letter will be sent to all of our customers in the
    > next few weeks to advise how this will affect them and the changes we are
    > making.
    >
    > I would like to add that although the FSA have specified we must complete
    > all refunds by June 2010, we are aiming to resolve the issue by the end of
    > the year.
    >
    > If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for this Marshallka, this is useful for us as well, cheers.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Thanks for this Marshallka, this is useful for us as well, cheers.:beer:
    You are welcome.:beer:
  • mrapps
    mrapps Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I contacted Adminicle about my policy as transferred from Ant Insurance mid-year.. here's the (not very helpful) response
    At present no decision has been made regarding the Ant Insurance Transfer policies.
    However, the Insurer will be writing to you once clarification has been provided by the FSA.
    I apologise that I cannot assist you further at this time.
  • texybabes
    Options
    I have accident sickness and unemployment thru Pinnacle which increased in April 09 by £10 per month. I was just about to change to another supplier as I need to increase the policy and Pinnacle are more expensive than others. If I do switch now would I still get rebate from April till now ??:huh:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 117,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    texybabes wrote: »
    I have accident sickness and unemployment thru Pinnacle which increased in April 09 by £10 per month. I was just about to change to another supplier as I need to increase the policy and Pinnacle are more expensive than others. If I do switch now would I still get rebate from April till now ??:huh:

We dont know if Pinnacle are in the group to refund as they didnt go premium increase crazy like some of the others.

Also, Pinnacle have a very good reputation on claims. Far better than many of these new Johnny Come Lately companies that are cheap but make you jump through hoops much more to get a successful claim. Remember that cheap rarely means best.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    With our experience of Pinnacle, they were very good.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • sherri01
    Options
    Does anyone know how i stand as i have just received a letter saying Hitachi Capital Insurance are closing down its UK insurance operation and my policy will be cancelled from Jan 2010 mine increased in March by 50%
  • FEvans
    FEvans Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Could someone help with who i should contact regarding an automatic increase in my MPPI premiums.

I have my protection with assurant and was paying £15 which rose to £19 around October 2008.

Then on June 2009 the policy transfered without my knowledge to Adminicle and rose to £38.

will i be entitled to an automatic refund or will i need to chase admininicle or assurant for a refund etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure