PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pork Belly?

Options

Comments

• Trishh_2
    Trishh_2 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone ...

Well they're in the oven, roasting at the moment. Chopped some potatoes small, left skins on, so they're in the roasting dish too. Should be nice and crispy. I'll have a yorky, savoy cabbage, carrots & peas with them and make gravy from the juice. Should be yummy! They smell gorgeous now they're cooking!

Trish
    :beer:
  • wanting2save
    wanting2save Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    Options
    How were they??
    Mmmmmmm..... i love belly pork but i buy the slices with stuffing in too...yummy!!!!
    **Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!‏**

**Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away**
  • earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hi any ideas on what i can do with this as i have some in my frezzer and all i can think of is to roast it but i dont fancy it roasted so any ideas would be good thanks
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
  • Raspberry_Swirl
    Options
    it's lovely casseroled with a bit of braising steak/other cheap cut of beef. give it a couple of hours in the oven and it will melt in your mouth.

i also made some into a curry the other day as i had defrosted some and didn't fancy a casserole. just make sure you let it simmer in the sauce for quite a while to let the fat break down a little and it won't be rubbery/chewy.

if you like hot food, i can vouch for this recipe being yummy and easy to prepare: http://uktv.co.uk/index.cfm/uktv/food.recipe/aid/517235
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    If it is sliced-bake it in the oven for 45 mins to 1 hr.About 15 minutes before you take it out sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of dry sage and onion stuffing mix over the slices. Serve with apple sauce and gravy.
  • troll35
    troll35 Posts: 712 Forumite
    Options
    You could marinate it and then roast it in a barbeque sauce for a meatier version of spare ribs.
    I like to live in cloud cuckoo land :hello:
  • Loobysaver
    Options
    Gordon Ramsay did this really nice recipe with belly of pork. I think you'll find it on this link:

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/F/fword/pork.html#Pressed%20belly%20of%20pork
  • Kal
    Kal Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Belly of pork with beans from Tamasin Day Lewis is a lovely cheap recipe as well.

http://uktv.co.uk/index.cfm/uktv/food.recipe/aid/536204
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    all those ideas sound scrummy will have to try some
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone got a good recipe? I was just in a rare breed butcher place, and the pork belly was cheap, so I bought it - all 1.4kg of it.

I guess it's very fatty, it's a long relatively thin cut, not like a joint.

Does anyone have a good recipe? My only thought is to cut some of it up and bung it in a cassoulet with some strong sausage, bacon, and some haricot beans. But I'd have to freeze the rest.

Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport