Santander Zero Credit Card Guaranteed

Apologies if this has already been done, I'm new to this. I received the
Santander Zero Credit Card Guaranteed in with one of my Alliance & Leicester statements. Filled in the application form and sent it off. I haven't heard anything back and as the deal was only valid until today I would like to know what's happening. I have tried phoning Santander who pass me back to A & L who say it's nothing to do with them, the whole thing seems a bit of a shambles to me.
My question is, has anybody got a phone number for anybody either at Santander or A & L who can tell me what's going on.
Thanks

Comments

• Try 0151 264 8725
    I set up my direct debit for that Santander card using that number a few days ago.
  • heloid
    heloid Posts: 472 Forumite
    I applied online about 6 weeks ago and they confirmed my application is still being processed. Expect a similar wait unless you go in to a branch apparently.
  • I got through on a number given to me by A & L but they have no record of my application. I got the impression from the lady I spoke to at Santander that she was just tring to get me off the phone. One person I spoke to at A & L said they are nothing to do with Santander. Probably easier to just give up and wait, it would have been handy for me though.
  • I applied by post weeks ago too and haven't heard anything back. I wouldn't be surprised if they just happened to "lose" my application as they received more than they bargained for. I'm not holding my breath.
  • simonts
    simonts Posts: 349 Forumite
    Its pretty normal my partners took ages to turn up, and finally the card turned up the same day as a letter saying they didnt have documents needed to process the credit agreement lol
    Debt Free Marathon: Start 01/06/09 £16714 - Current Position £14514 - Finish Line Xmas 2010
  • Andy1970
    Andy1970 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Mine arrived yesterday, I applied about three weeks ago. I'm really frustrated though, because they've given me a pitiful GBP500 credit limit. And that's after I put on the form that I wanted to do a GBP2100 balance transfer. I'm now wondering whether this limit is worth having the extra loan on my record for. I might just cancel the agreement and send it back. Anyone else had a nominal limit given to them?
    LBM : Aug 08; Debt at LBM : £28,034.91 :eek:
    DF Target : [strike]May 2010[/strike] [STRIKE]May 2011[/STRIKE] December 2016
  • matday
    matday Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post
    I also completed the guaranteed acceptance letter for the Santander Zero Card from Alliance and Leicester back in August.

The whole process has been extremely stressful and a time consuming affair to say the least!

As i hadn't heard anything after a few weeks of returning my completed form i attempted to contact A&L. Straightforward enough if they had included a phone number on the letter, but there wern't any contact details and i ended up having to search on the internet and evenutally found an application tracking number on the Abbey website!

When i called i was told there was no record of my application on there system and i was advised to go into an Abbey branch and apply again. I did and told the staff there what had happened so far. They processed an application but this was declined! I was then advised to go into a branch of A&L and apply there as the originating guaranteed acceptance letter was from them, so i did.

After 14 phone calls and getting a completely different story each time from the person i spoke to - ranging from your application has been declined, your application is with the underwriters, your application has been abandoned, your application is still being processed etc etc and having 3 credit searches done on my file all by Santander Cards! I eventually got through to them today to be told my application had been denied! I asked them to check again and they told me its been accepted! !!!!!!!? I asked the person for all the details of my account and reluctantly she gave me my card number and told me my card was in production and that i should receive it within 10 working days.

I have NEVER gone through so much aggro and wasted so much time on any other financial product as this and i never intend to again!

My advice, try and be patient, perservere and never stop chasing them!!!

I won't believe i actually have a Zero Card until its in my hands!
  • heloid
    heloid Posts: 472 Forumite
    Congrats matday. I called again today to cancel my application but apparently I was declined instantly when applying and was sent a letter (this was 6 weeks ago). This is in contrast to just over a week ago I called and was told my application was being processed and someone would give me a call back when it progressed (I kind of laughed when she said that, probably got me declined out of spite maybe? haha).
    Still no credit search yet but who knows it will stay that way..
  • I just got two identical letters today claiming that they've written to me already (I hadn't received anything) and that my application form was incomplete (there's just no way that's true as my ocd means I check these forms over and over again!). There is no mention of the "zero" credit card and they invite me to apply for a "Santander Credit Card", which I'm sure has no real benefits so I think I'll just forget about the whole thing.

It's just another example of the shoddy customer service I've received from Abbey. They are clearly a bunch of liars.
  • flyingscotno1
    flyingscotno1 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Andy1970 wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday, I applied about three weeks ago. I'm really frustrated though, because they've given me a pitiful GBP500 credit limit. And that's after I put on the form that I wanted to do a GBP2100 balance transfer. I'm now wondering whether this limit is worth having the extra loan on my record for. I might just cancel the agreement and send it back. Anyone else had a nominal limit given to them?

I found they gave me a huge limit something I didn't really want or need. I wonder if putting balance transfers on the form means they put a lower limit on purpose?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure