PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    meant to say am trying £425 for November please
    thankshooberrymush

LT
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • lambanana
    lambanana Posts: 685 Forumite
    I can declare October at £112.28/£115! Am having a higher budget for November though as really depleted the store cupboard in October!

Please put me down for £150 in November

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member #398 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    CC: £6412.95 (0% APR until Feb 2015 which I'm hoping is also my DFD!)
    Currently awaiting the outcome of a PPI claim which may bring forward my DFD, fingers and toes crossed!
  • Keiss_21
    Keiss_21 Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    Still going up the end of the month before finally declaring.

Thought I was doing so well....until I decided to include in the GC challenge all the supplements (for ill me) and shakes (for DS2 - a keen diabetic rugby player) that we have started taking. As we are both eating them, they do count as food. :rolleyes:

This will also concentrate my mind in trying to keep the rest of my spends down...here's hoping! :D

So I will pop over to the November thread to set out my aims for the coming month and will return here on Saturday to declare for October...does that make sense?

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb
  • carolt2
    carolt2 Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all, would like to declare for this month at £148.45, £1.55 under budget :j.
    I have added the total for this month onto the running total in my signature for this year and at the moment we are averaging about £155 per month. Quite pleased with that:D
    See you all in the november thread;)
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Yay!!declaring at £90 for Oct:j:j:jbeen to M'sons today and spent £25 and used my £5 NOTW voucher;)Am deffo ok for this month now, and prob have enough in till doomsday:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:will NOT need shampoo and shower gel for weeks now;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    declared at 1.99 over budget on the November thread - but just for the record still delighted
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • DECLARING AT £249.41p for october:mad:
  • savingcaz
    savingcaz Posts: 215 Forumite
    Hi all

My october challange finished yesterday - Hubby is paid on 28th of the month so our month is running 28th - 28th!

Very pleased with ourselves! Month 1 budget was £150 total spend was £125.39

Was very pleased with ourselves as that includes pampers nappies also!!!
    was Proud to be dealing with debt! LBM 12.09.09 [STRIKE]£23,157.76,[/STRIKE] 28/03/11 £12.827.07:eek: Not quite sure on debts now as kind of gone by the wayside but back on form now! Will edit as i figure them out
    Hsbs CC £5313.73 Overdrafts (3) £3173.84, Marks and spencer CC £0 :) AA CC £3400.18
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Blown it for October :oDeclaring £325:eek:
    But Only because I had to buy food and bits for adult student/unemployed DS. Had problems with JSA so no money for 4 weeks.
    Other than that would have stretched my 4 week budget to 5 weeks so really pleased that I can do it.:D

Please put me down again for £280 for November
  • ktpie
    ktpie Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm too embarassed to admit just how much over I went on Octobers budget so instead I'm looking forward to November and we're going to aim for £280 again and this time I won't take DH to the supermarket and we will stick to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure