Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

October 2009 Grocery Challenge - Page 38

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

October 2009 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 September 2009 at 4:43PM in Old Style MoneySaving
890 replies 51.4K views

Replies

• TheBeesTheBees Forumite
    601 posts
    Thanks Nomoneymummy for your recipe. I'll definitely be trying that next time.

Tonight's tea was savoury mince which I cooked in the SC all day with a couple handfulls of oats as usual. I put half in the freezer for another day and tonight we had the other half with sliced potato on top. Very tasty.

NSD number 3 for me today and probably another one tomorrow as I work all day.

Some good news - just been offered 10 hours (2 evening shifts) in a local supermarket for 3 months. I'm probably going to be shattered as I already do 20 hours during the day in a school but the extra money will be VERY useful.

Wishing everyone lots of luck with the challenge
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • £5.50 for me today!
    £3 on fresh lovely sausages on the way home as kids begging for hot dogs today!
    £2.50 for hot lunch - I know it's not very moneysaving but only work one day a week and planned to have a jacket potato today - but they had none left! took my filling from home (doing WW and needed to know how many points) so had the cheapest hot option!
    Will try EXTRA hard to have a NSD tomorrow - have lots of milk, bread, fruit & cheese so don't actually neeed anything
  • jinky67jinky67 Forumite
    47.8K posts
    £15.56 in MrT's today buying a few top up items
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • freakyogrefreakyogre Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Went to Sainsburys today as found a lovely duvet cover on their site and hoped to get it, but they didn't have any left :( Now need to decide whether I want to pay for delivery...grr.

Picked up a few bits, but hardly any 'food'. Got some bread rolls and had one for lunch, some shampoo and conditioner (Herbal Essences on offer, i'm stopping using cheaper S&C as it's ruining my hair), some shaving gel and Sainsburys magazine as I always read it when I go and see my sister. £6.67 spent, but only 65p on 'food'! Will include the whole figure in my total though and see how it goes.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry folks, but I won't be carrying on with the challenge. Have a read of this weeks dailies if you want any more info, and thanks for the company so far.

Jayne x
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne - went for a quick nosey, and just wanted to send you HUUUUUGE (((hugs)))
    Cheryl
  • mooominmooomin Forumite
    13.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your news Cranky. Anything I say will be wildly useless, but please accept a virtual hug from me as well.

*hug*
  • 666paw666paw Forumite
    332 posts
    Another spend today of £11.47.
    £7.47 in Mr A & £4.00 in Butchers

12 NSDs out of 19.

Really hoping I can do it this month and good luck to everyone.

P.
    MFI3 T3 # 75
  • jackieglasgowjackieglasgow Forumite
    9.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr T spend, no whoopsies or anything. £30.67. Still need to add the weekends receipt, think they're about £15. Nothing else to report. Just realised I'm only on day 9!!!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • chocolatebumchocolatebum Forumite
    334 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    sorry to hear your sad news jayne
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)