October 2009 Grocery Challenge - Page 35

New Post Advanced Search

October 2009 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 September 2009 at 5:43PM in Old Style MoneySaving
890 replies 51.4K views

Replies

• Ninno820Ninno820 Forumite
    765 posts
    A third NSD for me today - and tea is a portion of mince frozen from a spell of batch cooking. I resisted the urge to thro the veg and so am making do - I am beginning to really resent throwing things out - this OS is getting to me now.

17 days to go and £69 left - should be more than possible although I do have an evening out on Friday so need to watch the spends.
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • Keiss_21Keiss_21 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Just a quick one here, I haven't read any posts in this thread, but noticed my target had not been included in the list at the beginning of this thread.

So Helen I would like to set a target of £370 for October.

I know I have just gone and declared my September total in that thread (failed miserably) and said I was going to stick to the £400 target I had for last month. But since we are now one adult less (DS1 has gone to Uni), I should really set a lower target. I would ideally aim for £350 (or even lower!), but I will take things easy for this month (been in hospital for the first 5 days of this month). I will make a list of the freezer and cupboard contents this week and get some meals planned, that will help with curbing the spending!

Still, we have managed 3 NSDs this month, DH and myself, so some good has come of me being unwell!!

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb

• lambananalambanana Forumite
    685 posts
    Have had a NSD today, mostly as I've been off work sick and nowhere near the shops!!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member #398 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    CC: £6412.95 (0% APR until Feb 2015 which I'm hoping is also my DFD!)
    Currently awaiting the outcome of a PPI claim which may bring forward my DFD, fingers and toes crossed!
  • Evening everyone

budgets done up to and including Keiss21

apologies Keiss21 for missing you, I have added you in now

Have a nice evening everyone
    Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keiss, sorry to hear you've been in hospital. Hope you're feeling better now, take care of yourself.

I'm having hm veg soup and stewed apples for dinner tonight and chilli made ready for tomorrow. I have 2 items on my shopping list for tomorrow morning, should be a spend of less than £1.50 and enough in the house to last all next week ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • JanaeJanae Forumite
    177 posts
    Another £18.86 today in the Co-op. Bought 3 toothbrushes that were on offer, otherwise it was just fruit, veg, yoghurts, juice, baked beans and chicken pies (not OS :eek: but OH likes to use these if I'm on a late shift and haven't been organised enough to do something in the morning). DD2 has decided to eat healthily now which is great but expensive as she's become quite fussy and likes to cook her own meals. I don't want to deter her so am spending a lot more now on fruit, quorn items, salmon and chicken breasts. We only have the Co-op, butchers and a greengrocer locally so finding bargains is tricky.

Also bought quavers & wotsits ready for Xmas (BOGOF) :D but that comes out of a different budget.

Have a good evening

kj x
    GC April 93.92/500
  • I have already spent £132.30 :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have now done a food inventory/menu plan & shopping list.

I use what I buy but I'm not organised at all. I used to be.

I pulled £300 out of the air. That's to feed 2 adults & 2 children. Baby is just weaning.

That is literally food as well. Household/baby milk & toiletries I am taking off.

Am also doing a spending diary. That curtailed my magazine buys pretty quickly, lol!

Lisa
  • Did first shop of the month on Saturday and spent £65.57 which I thought good as now have kitten so had to buy food and litter for her.
    Save £4500 in 2014
  • TheBeesTheBees Forumite
    601 posts
    Evening everyone

My large order from MrS arrived last night totalling £145 !!!!:eek: But that should see us through almost to the end of the month and leaves me with £50 per week for top ups which should be more than enough.

Tonight's tea was a bit disappointing - it was a recipe from Prima using sausages, onions, tinned tomatoes, garam masala and coriander with butter beans.... I have to admit I hated the butter beans and left all mine! Next time I think I'll just put in a tin of baked beans. :rotfl:

I was hoping for a 3rd NSD but we had no shampoo in the house so had to buy a cheap bottle from Boots today. :mad:
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • Hi All

First chance to post after coming back from holiday - it was the 10 hours of ironing over 5 nights that meant no internet for me!!
    Can you put me down for £160.00 for October.
    Already spent £51.93, but this was all from Lidl and bits from market and Sainsburys. Trying to be under budget this month, but may buy odd bits for Christmas if I have any money left.
    Thanks
    Mortgage free as at 1/9/13 :j
    To start work on the credit cards now!!