Starting out my journey !!! Altho its a small start

Options

Comments

• bevan840
    bevan840 Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are also very difficult to kill!! lol
    I left mine in the shed all winter, barely watered (all though my shed does leak lol) and they are still alive! Had a lot of brown leaves and need to re-pot them as Mum think's I have weevils in one of the pots but they are still alive, I was very suprised, something plantwise that even I can't kill lol
    :idea: Jan 09. Debt @ LBM - £11936.55 Debt at worst - £12600.55 Current Debt (01/03/2012) £8,859.51 29.7% Paid off
    Honeymoon Fund £410.40/£6000 House Deposit £1.50
    :A Proud to be dealing with my debts. DFW Nerd 1177 :A
  • cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    :eek:I wish i had seen your strawberry tips last year. We bought small runners and got quite a lot of strawberries last year. I read somewhere not to let them put down runners for those reasons you gave, so i trimmed them back but hopefully we get more berries this year.

We too have been a bit neglectful of our plants. We put all the large pots in the greenhouse, then it was a case of out of sight out of mind. DH told me the lemon tree is very wilted and brown, so i am hoping that recovers.

We also had 3 lots of strawberries in hanging baskets that we just left as they were. Didn't even wrap in bubblewrap or anything. Some leaves are brown but they still have bits of greenery. :) Must try to be a bit less neglectful this year.

stacey daisy it sounds like you are making some good progress. I am never 100% happy with my own progress as it always feels so slow and like i am not managing it well enough. We'll get there though. Just got to keep on going and the plan will come together. Sounds like you have some nice things to look forward to as well.
  • staceydaisy
    Options
    not had a good day yesterday

I had £100 to put in my savings and was then vtold the MOT WOULD SWALLOW ALL OF IT UP. Im devastated.

I dont think I will get the £2500 before April 26th now.

But ill keep trying i suppose
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Options
    (HUGS) hun.

Don't give up smiley_hug.gif
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    SmlSave wrote: »
    (HUGS) hun.

Don't give up smiley_hug.gif

happy-ditto.gif
  • staceydaisy
    Options
    Just thought Id bob on and give you all a quick update.

Aiming for 3 NSD`S this week. I have got 2 already so feeling pleased.

I am on track to putting 120+ away this week so feeling chuffed fingers crossed for me.

I under spent on my shopping budget so feeling pleased about that although it was only £4 lol.

Also my runner beans have started sprouting oh the joys

Hope you all have a good day
  • staceydaisy
    Options
    Update time!!!

Mananged 4 NSD`S last week although was poorly so over achieved really way hay to me.

Im waiting for my runner beans to start showing leaves and i can get it moved to a bigger pot and put some canes in.

Strawberries are no hopers at the min im having no luck really lol..

Managed to put some money away last week but not hoping for much this week.......

Raining here , hope everybodies day goes well .
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I have just had a quick look through your diary. Keep going cos you are doing really well. I started by OPing by £5 a week and it did make a difference. I pay a bit more now but I keep a tally every time I log onto my bank of the interest I have been charged and watch the daily interest going down, when you are having a low day look back and you will see it has all been worth while.

I am OPing to get as much equity in my house as possible to put towards a deposit on our next house, I would love to make huge payments too but at least this is helping for now.

Good luck on your journey
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Options
    Strawberries are no hopers at the min im having no luck really

You're not anywhere near Wiltshire are you? I have three healthy plants that I've got no room for :)

Keep up the good work!
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • staceydaisy
    staceydaisy Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry smlsave miles away

but thank anyway lol x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing