PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My list for today - some things started already and a couple of things changed to suit i.e. a laptop instead of PC and mouse, and no phone to clean :cool:.

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level Three
    HHI

Extras
    1. Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best
    2. Binbag dance
    Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1
    Vacuum sofas
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister

Extra
    1. Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    3. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 2
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Thursday ~ Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level Two
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Wipe laptop (no house phone either ;) )
    Level Three
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Clean the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Extra
    1. Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    2. Wipe down 2 doors.. room doors.. both sides
    3. Sort a wardrobe or part of, a drawer or set of drawers making sure it has what needs to be in it and any 'extras' are put where they should be and anything no longer needed is rehomed.
    4. HHI
    Love and compassion to all x
  • MadMayFly
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

This is what I have done today so far:-

An hour's walk
    Cat fed
    Rubbish out
    Showered
    Caught up on thread

Going to have another go at Kitchen/Dining Room soon

(((Hugs))) to Lady L
    "The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting for the old, but on building the new." - Socrates
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    WU done and put away.
    First load of washing on the line.

Off to strip beds......
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am still at my mum's and won't be back until after lunch so it will be a late start for me today. Hoping the bathroom won't take me too long so I can get back into the garden and make the most of this weather.

Will check back later.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £600/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15893.61/£22787.04
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Went to bed too late so have that drugged feeling this morning.

I'm going to do my dailies and then make a start on the photos with a cuppa.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • mumofjusttwo
    Options
    Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level One
    Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors

Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!

Level 3
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Level One
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Level Two
    Wipe keyboard, house phone and mouse (these usually have more germs on than your toilet so important)..
    Level Three
    Clean the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!

Right well list isn't looking to bad. May ned to add some of my own things that need to get done too:D

Of out now o see you soon.
    January Grocery 11/374
  • Looby_Lou
    Looby_Lou Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 September 2009 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Slowly getting stuff cleaned and sorted!

Level 1
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    [STRIKE]Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe [/STRIKE]
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Level 3
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    [STRIKE]Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house![/STRIKE]

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & LandingLevel 1

[STRIKE]Remove and wash bed linen.[/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    [STRIKE]15 minutes floordrobe clearance [/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing

Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. [STRIKE]put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy![/STRIKE]!
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter) [/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clean baths, toilets and sinks[/STRIKE]

Level Three
    [STRIKE]Clear clutter from floor [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe down tiles in bathroom[/STRIKE]

Extra
    1. [STRIKE]Clean grouting in shower area[/STRIKE]
  • donna73
    donna73 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello everyone!
    suns out again in plymouth
    kids packed off to school ,one lot of washing on line, another in machine. Got to pop to toys r us in a minute to get free lego toy- ds will be chuffed with that as part of his bday pressie next week.
    then i'll get on with todays list. probably start 10.30 ish, see you all later
    have a good day :)
    Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    00020403.gif flyers and skivers (wonder which I am:rolleyes:)
    Quite nice here this morning just decluttering my muesli and a cuppa and I may well do something today.:o Kids decluttered to school, DS1 up at 6.45 this morning and left house at 8.30 so he could get a parking space for his bike:rolleyes: makes a change from me shouting at 8 get up or you'll be late:T

HScarouselggg.gifFunfairs list of daily dreadsHScarouselggg.gif

shower.gifHStype.gifwash.gifhangdry.gifHSiron.giffridge.gifcooking.gifdishes.gifsweep.giflaundry.gifhangclothes.gifwantcoffee.gif

Level 1
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing

Extras
    2. [STRIKE]
    3. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    4. [/STRIKE]Clean windows in these rooms
    Level One
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Level Two
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!! (baby wipes are fantastic for this!!)
    Wipe keyboard, house phone and mouse (these usually have more germs on than your toilet so important)..
    Level Three
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Clean shower screen/curtain/bath mats if you have one/if required
    Extra
      1. Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
      2. Wipe down 2 doors.. room doors.. both sides
      3. Sort a wardrobe or part of, a drawer or set of drawers making sure it has what needs to be in it and any 'extras' are put where they should be and anything no longer needed is rehomed.
      4. HHI
    FFP's extras
    bath dog
    see what I need to buy to make jam at the weekend
    phone GP at lunchtime for more meds
    check halfords online to price thingymejigs for DS1's bike
    Bag of HRH's clothes to be offered to friends if not charity shop them
    Try to get another letter finnished on the afghan (only 3 to go!!!:T)

I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

skimmed through the threads

want to put some more effort into the garding this morn

ds1 has big golf knockout this pm so only have til 12 .20
    also have grandaughter but she is a cutie so dont mind
    wm 1 on
    s/s kitchen and bathroom
    visit to wilko bought some aubergine voile curtains to brighten up windows at back..need to buy or accumulate a thin pole to fix them up but no rush yet as main curtains need to be washed and turned up first also bought paste for wallpaper...things looking good!!

got a charity bag through the door for collection monday so will do binbag fling into that!!!

hugs guys

debsxx
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business