PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• hollyh
    hollyh Posts: 5,474 Forumite
    Options
    Off i go again.........
  • achtunglady
    Options
    Morning all, managed to do some bits yesterday and did some that were not on the list but needed doing desperately, vacuumed and washed carpet in kids room, cleaned the wardrobe mirror (6ft x 3ft) and son helped clean the window. Got a desk delivered that i won on ebay for 99p (£29.99 in ikea, paid the man to deliver it, £4 so still saved £25) which will go into the dining room for son to do his homework on in peace as we can close the sliding doors and let him get on with it, still in the hall will sort it out later. Couldnt vacuum and turn the mattress on my own its too heavy, will have to do that at the weekend when the OH is back from work.

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & LandingLevel 1
    [STRIKE]Check fire alarms are working
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them![/STRIKE]this was serviced in april already as we live in a council property plus the boiler was only a few months old
    [STRIKE]Remove and wash bed linen[/STRIKE].
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. [/STRIKE](make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms
    And yes the lady in the avatar is me

Slimming World started 12/5/11 : Starting weight 12st 3lb
    Hoping to get to 9 stone by September 2011

Wk1 -1lb Wk2 -2lb Wk3 +0.5lb Wk4 STS
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    Still feeling crappy, so I am one of the skivers FFP referred to. DD was unable to go to school again as well, so a day of lazing around for us again
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • achtunglady
    Options
    HHC Anyone?
    11.00-11.30am
    And yes the lady in the avatar is me

Slimming World started 12/5/11 : Starting weight 12st 3lb
    Hoping to get to 9 stone by September 2011

Wk1 -1lb Wk2 -2lb Wk3 +0.5lb Wk4 STS
  • Eltee12
    Options
    Hope to finish Monday & Tuesday to level three.....have got a busy day tho'

Eltee's Thursday Things
    so far have put on DW x1, WM x 2 and taken deleivery of 2 out of 3 parcels (DS's brthday present) due here before 1pm. When final one arrives I'll be off to A$da before they run out of special offer Fairy DW tabs. £4 for 48 according o OH.

THEN, after successful DW tab purchase, I plan to:
    1. Buy Roatary LIne
    2. Buy Hand-held Blender - special offer £4.99 in Argo$ - to blend yummy HM soups when colder weather arrives
    3. Photocopy and fax off DS details so he gets paid fo work he did 2 weeks ago (why he couldnt give the stuff to me yesterday when was at work is beynd me)
    4. Check if M&$ jacket OH liked is in sale
    5. Buy net curtain poles for DS room
    6. Get Birthday Card for LL at work
    7. Get Birthday pres for LL at work
    8. 3 more WM
    9. 2 more DW
    10. make this face :eek:
    Wish me luck (I think number 10 will be the easiest to achieve!)

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Declutter and mop[/STRIKE]/vacuum the floors
    [STRIKE]Find and wipe the worksurfaces[/STRIKE] DONE!

Level Two
    [STRIKE]
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards![/STRIKE]DONE!
    [STRIKE]Wipe small appliances and replace.. do one thoroughly.. descale or decrumb or degunge![/STRIKE]DONE!
    Clear a sticky dishevelled cupboard

Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and replace the cloth if necessary.[/STRIKE]DONE!
    [STRIKE]HHI[/STRIKE]DONE!
    [STRIKE]Clean the oven and [STRIKE]hob.. [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]DONE!

Extras
    1. [STRIKE]Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best[/STRIKE]DONE!
    2. Wash the windows
    3. [STRIKE]Binbag dance[/STRIKE]DONE!
    4. Dust and Deweb

Eltee's Monday Extra Excitement
    1. [STRIKE]WM x 3 [/STRIKE]DONE!
    2. [STRIKE]DW x 3 [/STRIKE]DONE!

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1
    Vacuum floors and sofas

Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    [STRIKE]Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe[/STRIKE] DONE!
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets

Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    [STRIKE]Tidy shoes, coats and bags[/STRIKE] .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!

Extra
    1. [STRIKE]Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.[/STRIKE] DONE!
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    3. Clean a window or two.
    4. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    Eltee's Tuesday Extra
    1. HHDDAW (Half Hour Desk Declutter at Work - just for a change:rolleyes:) pencilled in for 2pm - Miserably failied, deferred until next week!
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Check fire alarms are working[/STRIKE] DONE!

[STRIKE]Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them![/STRIKE] DONE!
    Remove and wash bed linen.

Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance

Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms

Eltee's Wednesday Wishes
    1. [STRIKE]Order DS's Birthday present[/STRIKE] DONE!
    Thursday ~ Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level One
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Level Two
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!! (baby wipes are fantastic for this!!)
    Wipe keyboard, house phone and mouse (these usually have more germs on than your toilet so important)..
    Level Three
    Clear clutter from floor
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Clean shower screen/curtain/bath mats if you have one/if required
    Clean the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Extra

1. Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
      2. Wipe down 2 doors.. room doors.. both sides
      3. Sort a wardrobe or part of, a drawer or set of drawers making sure it has what needs to be in it and any 'extras' are put where they should be and anything no longer needed is rehomed.
      4. HHI

Eltee's September Stuff
    1. Sort out OH's tax return
    2. Sort out DS's tax return
    3. Sort out own finance recombobulation
    4. Buy new rotary line
    5. Start distance-learning course
    6. de-clutter linens & towels
    7. Get that bl:eek::eek:ming great telly out of my front room and into the garage!
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WM's on again
    recycling out to be collected
    Dw been unloaded aand reloaded
    Baked 2 chocolate cakes
    Hung out 2 loads of wet stuff and brought in 2 dry loads.. it is dumped on the table in need of folding.
    Laundry collected from middle room and bathroom

It may have taken me 9 months but I am feeling much happier about using my new oven without fear of it bursting into flames.

Beastlets all deposited at school... I love school lol..

I need to pop off to school to order polo shirts for DD2.. I'd not got any money with me yesterday when I went.. bit dim sometimes me.

I need to buy something for dinner tonight.. hmm... they did ask for pasta so I may do spag bol.. not done one for a while.. or should I do tuna pasta?... actually... my head wanted potato gratin... ooh.... moussaka... that sounds gooooooooooood......

Back in a bit.. just going to do a shuffle of the junk in my room.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • helen_jelly
    Options
    jinky67 wrote: »
    Still feeling crappy, so I am one of the skivers FFP referred to. DD was unable to go to school again as well, so a day of lazing around for us again

Hope you and DD start to feel better soon

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    HHC Anyone?
    11.00-11.30am

yes please am in
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • Eltee12
    Options
    HHC Anyone?
    11.00-11.30am

Count me in (a coupleof mins late) .....Goooooooo!!!!!
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • hope6804
    Options
    Hi everyone
    First time I've had chance to get on computer since the weekend and it just a quicky as nearly time to go to nursery.
    Everyone back at school now, no more clean house, dd3 & myself are back at nursery - gone is my clean house :eek:.
    Just had hour fly got some of list done

Hugs to all especialy those in need - not caught up on thread at all yet!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport