living with a chronic condition (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Unity
    Unity Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cwta they let you come home with presumably a concussion bad enough that our still throwing up? hope its settled down now and your sleeping the headache off.

unity hope your feeling better too.

Aw thanks PCL - it takes some throwing off this and not just because of the fibro :o, as DH and DS are still really poorly too_pale_. What a subdued 21st he's had - but then we knew it would be with his knee op and had already planned to put the big day on hold. It could be worse - we could have been all geared up to a big party and there's no way he'd have made it. The surgeon said the graft he took was 8 cm long and according to him that's very large :eek: plus the bolt through his knee will be a permanent fixture so I can see him setting off the metal detectors at airports from now on.:D.

This was one of the presents we got him http://www.lochaberhighlandestates.com/ together with a brick with his name on in The Stadium of Light :D

I hope the anti-flybotics kick in soon as my chest feels like it has a large man sitting on it and it's not him: alexander-skarsgard.jpg
    Alexander Skarsgard - a cure for fibro (patent pending :D)
    Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever :D
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'll put an order in for one please
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2009 at 1:30AM
    Options
    Ugh, not my cup of tea, sorry Unity.
    Hope DS liked his pressies tho :)
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • raeh
    raeh Posts: 2,575 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you unity ;) did me far more good than my tablets this morning :D long haired photo next time? :p

have a good day everyone and hope its decent one for you all, Im off to work and so pleased its friday as my flare has gotten a bit worse each day this week. :rolleyes: will i ever learn?

BZ good luck for the weekend ;) i hope everything goes to plan and its all exactly as you wat it to be :D

cwta are you feeling any better? I hope the sickness has stopped and your head isnt as painful x
    2009-£7500 2010 £10800 2011 £2000

Thank you to everyone who posts comps xxx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a quick visit ti send get-better wishes to Auntie Axe, Unity + DH + DS and Raeh. And of course anyone else who needs them.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Unity
    Unity Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2009 at 6:43PM
    Options
    bigzippy wrote: »
    Ugh, not my cup of tea, sorry Unity.
    Hope DS liked his pressies tho :)

I don't normally like blondes myself - but it's a True Blood thing :p.
    DS does like his presents, but despite the new PC is still borrowing my laptop :rolleyes:. I suppose he has a valid excuse - he can't sit at his desk at present.

Good luck for tomorrow:T, at which point we will be starting a book on who is next :D since there's quite a few left in the singles club :rolleyes:. Don't forget to chuck your bouquet at CWTA - but watch out for her head :o.

Oops - just read on t'other thread that you'll probably have to enlist the use of one of those Roman ballistas to lob that bouquet far enough :eek: never mind chuck :(.
    raeh wrote: »
    Thank you unity ;) did me far more good than my tablets this morning :D long haired photo next time? :p

have a good day everyone and hope its decent one for you all, Im off to work and so pleased its friday as my flare has gotten a bit worse each day this week. :rolleyes: will i ever learn?

BZ good luck for the weekend ;) i hope everything goes to plan and its all exactly as you wat it to be :D

cwta are you feeling any better? I hope the sickness has stopped and your head isnt as painful x

This do for you?

I suspect the answer to "Will you ever learn?" has to be in the negative, petal;).
    alexander_skarsgard.jpg
    Paparika wrote: »
    I'll put an order in for one please

Well ............. you can have him when I'm done with him ;) You know what they say about flu - you have to sweat it out :rotfl:.
    Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever :D
  • sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2009 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Seems like its been a busy day in the cafe-hope there is a cream doughnut left for me.I have spent an hour in an mri scanner -was scary and noisy but necessary.BZ keep those feet on the ground!It will all come to gether in the end and if a few bits dont go to plan l doubt anyone will notice!
    hugs to all xxxx
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2009 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Unity wrote: »
    Good luck for tomorrow:T, at which point we will be starting a book on who is next :D since there's quite a few left in the singles club :rolleyes:. Don't forget to chuck your bouquet at CWTA - but watch out for her head :o.

Oops - just read on t'other thread that you'll probably have to enlist the use of one of those Roman ballistas to lob that bouquet far enough :eek: never mind chuck :(.

This do for you?
    Thanks hun. It's actually Sunday, but close enough ;)
    Gutted about auntie axe not coming, but I completely understand of course. Just hoping she recovers well and speedily. :o
    The pic is still not to my taste, but then I'm completely smitten with my soon-to-be husband and I haven't found another that measures up, famous or not. :):love:
    sharon59 wrote: »
    Seems like its been a busy day in the cafe-hope there is a cream doughnut left for me.I have spent an hour in an mri scanner -was scary and noisy but necessary.BZ keep those feet on the ground!It will all come to gether in the end and if a few bits dont go to plan l doubt anyone will notice!
    hugs to all xxxx
    Thanks sharon. I'm trying. There's already stuff that aren't going to plan, but I've pretty much give over caring now. Especially since I have indeed got sinusitis :( ...saw my gp and got my antibiotics today. :o Feeling rubbish but still a few things to do, but then I'm leaving the rest to DF and going to bed. I just feel like I wanna curl up in bed and cry atm...:o
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    bz You've been running yourself ragged, lovey. I can be very demanding and I demand you rest. I am gutted about missing the wedding too, but you'll have a wonderful day and won't even notice I'm not there. Will raise a cup of tea in yours and DF's direction on Sunday.

Unity I hope you are all starting to feel better and not taking a backwards step by feeling a bit improved and then running round after the others.

*waves at everyone else*
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I haven't been here for a couple of days, have skimmed through the pages to see what's been happening here. Cwta how are you?! How's the head and the bruises after your ordeal? Couldn't believe it when I read you'd been knocked down :eek: and was worried that you had been let out of hospital and you were vommiting! Surely it was concussion - how could they send you out like that I'd like to know!

Anyway, I hope you are feeling a lot better ;)

I haven't been great but saw my doc yesterday - she is fabulous, always trying to help with the ME, and with my stomach problem she has been so good. She wanted to know about my recent stay in hospital and what they had done. Told her about the oramorph and she told me not to worry about taking it at all. With the really bad time I have had since leaving hospital, the severe pain episodes and vomitting, she has now put me on slow release morphine tablets as well as the oramorph. She also told me that if I have flare ups to take the oramorph and I can take it 4 hourly rather than the twice a day they had prescribed by hospital while I was bad.

I told her that I had been seen by pain team and how good she was but that I had left hospital without seeing her again. She asked me if they were going to refer me to her for a follow on, I told her that I didn't know. She told me she would write to them and request that they do! How good is that - I didn't have to ask;)

She said she wanted to see me in 3 weeks to see how I was getting on, and after I am seen at outpatients to see what they say.

I see her regularly as she tells me she wants to see me every 7-8 weeks about the ME. I am very lucky, especially when you read about so many unable to find a GP who takes the illness seriously.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure