NatWest's 'Rapport' software - should I install it?

Options

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,034 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    aliEnRIK wrote: »
    Safest way would be to post a hijack log so we can advise better

reboot

Download HIJACK THIS (Make sure you click 'DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION')
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/
    Click MAIN MENU then DO A SYSTEM SCAN AND SAVE A LOGFILE(Takes seconds) then post the log in a NEW thread so we can see whats running
    (do NOT do anything else with Hijack but scan and post the FULL log)
    If you get a message that you cant write to the hosts file then Press the SHIFT key, and whilst holding it RIGHT CLICK and select RUN AS (admin)

Post the link to your new thread here if you decide to go ahead

Will run it over Logmein when I get a chance, thanks.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2010 at 2:04PM
    Options
    BillScarab wrote: »
    Alliance and Leicester are now offering this as well. I haven't downloaded it as to me it doesn't seem to offer enough benefit compared to the potential issues with it.
    Hi, Having discussed this at length on previous threads. I installed ita long time ago at HSBC.s .behest.Had problems of left hanging.I was told by A/L my a/c was compromised.They stopped my A/c and had me jumping through hoops till I showed them I had Rapport on at time of hack.They insisted I had installed it before they gave me new Pin.I have since closed all A/l ac,s.As I have A/c,s with nearly all major and non major banks, I have kept Rapport, no problems whatsoever.I,ve read all the Bumf, for/agin.Keylogging is the only thin it was desgned for, also, as I have mutiple a/c,s .I also have mutiple passwords. Rapport monitors them, and lets me know if I have it repeated.As it doesnt affect my day to day online work,I am staying with it.Without it A/L would not refund my monies, as they advised I use it, as do most Banks now.They,ve shifted the onus to US now.that,s what it,s for, not for our benefit.It,s a no win situation, the choice is yours, it,s NOT compulsory.There,s Lies, Damned lies, and STATISTICS.Personally, you are better trusting Rapport than A&L, because, we proved that A&L manufactured the hack to get me to have Rapport, they just didn,t realise, I already had it.No doubt, most on this thread will recall my situation.as it was a Saga
  • Samain2000
    Options
    I had it for a while and it caused nothing but trouble. I can see no benefit to it either. Just a way for the financial institutions to try and pass the buck down to you if the account gets hacked.
  • joe134
    Options
    Samain2000 wrote: »
    I had it for a while and it caused nothing but trouble. I can see no benefit to it either. Just a way for the financial institutions to try and pass the buck down to you if the account gets hacked.
    Precisely, and that's the ONLY reason I still have it.If it plays up, it's off.Touch wood, 12 months, no probs, shouldn't tempt fate,eh.:eek:
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Had no problems with it whatsoever, installed on several machines without any issue.
  • joe134
    Options
    fozmcfc wrote: »
    Had no problems with it whatsoever, installed on several machines without any issue.
    Hi, I think there's been overhype about it.I,ve no issue with it, once I sorted confliction with MSE.Works well with avg and avast. Privacy seems to be main issue+ speed.Never noticed my speed differ, but I don,t watch processor every time I change sites.
  • Andrew1472
    Options
    I'm nervous about the "buck passing" too, despite HSBC telling me it "won't affect their relationship with me" if I don't run Rapport.
    I have version 3.5.1007.18 installed which is running happily with Firefox, no issues at all.
    Does anybody have trouble with it crashing Google Chrome? I can't get them to play together no matter what I do.
    I've been in touch with Trusteer support who say they have fixed it, but despite a clean reinstall following their instructions, it still crashes Chrome, and I don't fancy letting them have remote access to my PC to fix it.
    I think I prefer Firefox anyway, but it's annoying that my choice of browser is dictated by Rapport.
  • joe134
    Options
    Andrew1472 wrote: »
    I'm nervous about the "buck passing" too, despite HSBC telling me it "won't affect their relationship with me" if I don't run Rapport.
    I have version 3.5.1007.18 installed which is running happily with Firefox, no issues at all.
    Does anybody have trouble with it crashing Google Chrome? I can't get them to play together no matter what I do.
    I've been in touch with Trusteer support who say they have fixed it, but despite a clean reinstall following their instructions, it still crashes Chrome, and I don't fancy letting them have remote access to my PC to fix it.
    I think I prefer Firefox anyway, but it's annoying that my choice of browser is dictated by Rapport.
    Hi, This is one of the problems I had, but not with Chrome.IE9 have just started supporting it,and IE8+Firefox are fine, no problems.Chrome may not support it,stick with Firefox.Also, it used to clash with MSE A/v.but not others.It used to just leave you hanging.That's the reason a lot of people gave up on it a while ago.It's a bit of trial and error.I wouldn't let them auto control my PC, easier and safer with Firefox.Others may be of a different opinion.
  • joe134
    Options
    As an aside, I use it , as most do for Banking.As a backup, since my debacle with A&L, just before I log on to bank, I take a screen shot, and save it.Delete them monthly.It shows the log on page/time/and Rapport enabled.They insist on this if you are hacked anyway.Or A&L did.before I was given new pin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure