Options

Comments

• Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    They do describe it (together with all charges/fees) as optional:

"Fares don't incl optional Fees/Charges (Click here)"

Optional fee's and charges are your insurance and hold baggage and things like that. The add on's what you do actually pay extra for.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Click on the link I copied above and tell me whether "online check-in" is included in the list.

If so, there can be no dispute that it is an 'optional' item which would make Ryanair misleading (though that's no great surprise).
  • kaj70
    kaj70 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    I have just been on the ryanair site and tried to book flights to milan, they are £2.99 each, 1 way, i was booking for 3 people. but the price ended up 122.49 1 way for the 3 of us. and £98 of that was fees and taxes. how on earth do you di it at the advertised prices??
  • lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    Online Check-In is included in the list of Optional Fees/Charges.

However, you will never pay for online check in when selecting a promotional fare. Which is where that list came from.

So perhaps your right in that it is misleading being in that list, but whose going to complain when it's free rather than £5 each way?

Edit: Kaj, the sale was on until Friday night, there are now £9.99 one way flights including taxes, charges and online check in, it's just a case of finding them.
  • mystic_trev
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    Click on the link I copied above and tell me whether "online check-in" is included in the list.

If so, there can be no dispute that it is an 'optional' item which would make Ryanair misleading (though that's no great surprise).

Can't quite understand where you're comming from? I use my Electron card and pay what it says on the 'Tin' A 2p return is what it costs, online check-in included. Perhaps you need to hone your moneysaving skills!
  • kaj70
    kaj70 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmmm, ok, i think i am doing it wrong, i have seen the £9.99 flights, and a flight for the destination and date i wanted came up for £2.99. but i still had all the fees and taxes to pay. sorry to be a bit slow on this, but how do you find the ones that ARE the price that they say they are.

sorry.. probably sounding really thick now! :)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Your problem is that you want a specific date, the art of finding the cheap flights is really to fly on the dates that the cheap flights are. What departure airport are you leaving from? Check out your departure airport and see if the destination is listed as having the £9.99 flights.
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kaj70 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, ok, i think i am doing it wrong, i have seen the £9.99 flights, and a flight for the destination and date i wanted came up for £2.99. but i still had all the fees and taxes to pay. sorry to be a bit slow on this, but how do you find the ones that ARE the price that they say they are.

Just keep on searching! here's one....as it happens the first one I tried.

http://www.bookryanair.com/skysales/FRSelect.aspx
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    This list is for Edinburgh, giving Dublin at £5 and the following airports are £9.99, you also need to make sure the dates you want aren't in the black out period.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/cheapflights.php?dest=AGP&base=EDI
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    kaj70 wrote: »

When you log onto the Ryanair website, look for the special offers on the top left handside where it says flights £9.99 one way as of today's promotion.

Select your local airport from the bottom of the ad where it says more routes then go through the dates from the special promotion link and grab yourself a bargain. You have to be flexible with your dates cause Ryanair will not discount routes or change dates to accommodate a persons specific requirements.

Work 4 on 4 off and travel a lot ie usually during the week. I do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure