RYANAIR - I beat the system

Options
Despite all the adverts proclaiming 1p and free seats, have you ever tried doing a return trip?

I have finally done it.

Borrowed my teenage daughters Electron card (it's almost impossible to get hold of one for adults) and booked 4 return trips to Dublin for the day for 8p.

:T

Comments

• real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    tb10er wrote: »
    Despite all the adverts proclaiming 1p and free seats, have you ever tried doing a return trip?

I have finally done it.

Borrowed my teenage daughters Electron card (it's almost impossible to get hold of one for adults) and booked 4 return trips to Dublin for the day for 8p.

:T

Entropay is what you want - google it.
  • Nintey
    Nintey Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    what section did you find the 1p flights in? I can only see the £10 ones :(
  • fifitrix123
    Options
    Glad someone managed to do it.
    I applied to Abby my bank for a card and did get one but have never found flights to book! :mad:
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Borrowed my teenage daughters Electron card (it's almost impossible to get hold of one for adults)

I just asked my co-op bank to send me one and it was quickly sorted.
    I did explain when they asked why I wanted one, but they agreed it made sense.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • ferriswheeljunkie
    Options
    I've got a Halifax eashcash card and used that to book a flight to Prague on Wednesday...paid the grand total of 2p for me and my boyfriend :D
    Virtual Sealed Pot challenge #48
    Sealed Pot Challenge- #729
  • jay-jay
    jay-jay Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    How much did you pay as 'extras' Im trying to book a cheap flight for 2 adults and 2 children, but by the time it comes to paying its well over £200.
    I hope that my child, looking back on today
    Will remember a mother who had time to play;
    Because children grow up while you're not looking,
    There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
    So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
    I'm nursing my baby, and babies don't keep.
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • fergies_army
    Options
    Thanks to my halifax easycash electron card, I have had loads of bargains including 6 lads return to Franfurt for 3 days for the total of 12p.

Have booked under latest offer about 16 return trips for Dublin for 2p per person all in.
  • nikki702
    nikki702 Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    Options
    where can u find the flights on the site?

• yoyo1980
    yoyo1980 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Ditto - I booked for half term (27th October) and got return flights for 2 adults one child for 6p - paid with brother's elctron card - sorted :) Got accomodatino in Jurys Inn in Parnell street for £49 night too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure