InaPickle getting out of a pickle!

Options

Comments

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there - I've stalked over from PAF's diary to wish you luck.
    I am a fellow procrastinator and have a background in HE:rolleyes: and can heartily recommend a book called The Now Habit by Neil Fiore. I use his "unschedule" method when things get really bad and I have procrastinated myself into a tiny corner:D.

Hope September is a productive month for you

Sparkly

Hello! Nice to meet you. *Offers cup of tea and biscuit* Thanks for the tip: I'll investigate that. I'm like the little girl with the little curl...when I'm bad, I'm horrid! ;)

Hope you hang around for more tea and biscuits. ;)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Cool - my degree is in French :beer:

Sparkly
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 September 2009 at 11:04PM
    Options
    Cool - my degree is in French :beer:

Sparkly

Ooh, magnifique! :T Nice to see I'm not alone! :D

P.S. Just ordered that book you mentioned. My local library doesn't have it (MS tactics at play!), but have managed to get a copy for £7.20. Amazon reviews were good! Thanks again!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• LeeSouthEast
    Options
    Steady on, you're in danger of academically pricing me out of this diary. :p

I see you got the striking to work! Horrah, there's hope for my teaching skills yet.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Steady on, you're in danger of academically pricing me out of this diary. :p

I see you got the striking to work! Horrah, there's hope for my teaching skills yet.

Never! ;) And I am DELIGHTED with learning how to do the stroke thing: I've asked several people, and nobody has had the good grace to reply. Thanks [strike]muchly[/strike] VERY much!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• POSITIVE_AND_FOCUSED
    Options
    Hi InaPickle

Nice diary. Well done! You will get there Im sure re your Masters, debt busting, raising funds to go to yr friends wedding. Your diary will be a great support to you in your journey!
    My debts at LBM (2009)Grand Total £161,983.77.(Incs everything, mtge, cr cards, loans)
    May 2013 £124,080.27= £37,903.50 paid off WOW!!!!! Well done! There is a guardian angel out there! :AI'm visualising success, debt freeness, and happy days!:T
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow French literature :eek:

*Becky backs away from the smart people*
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    becky_rtw wrote: »
    Wow French literature :eek:

*Becky backs away from the smart people*

Oh, behave, it's not so scary.:rotfl: It can't be if Im doing it! ;) :rolleyes:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Next diary entry:

Things are not looking good in the study department at the minute: I'm signed up to a French univsersity where it seems that you need to sign up twice (once with the administration and once with the teaching side of things) except I wasn't aware so I didn't sign up with the teaching side of things, thinking I was all signed up after handing over money and a form. I rang up the uni yesterday to speak to them about when my final dissertation deadline is, and they told me that I wasn't signed up and that it is too late, and if my dissertation supervisor basically doesn't pull some strings to sign me up for this year, all the work I've done is going to be nul and void and I'll be kicked off the course! :eek: I tried to ring her and won't be able to speak to her until tonight, so I hope she can do something else I have wasted a big chunk of my life for no reason at all. I hope I don't have to pay to sign up for another year as well cos I just can't afford to. This is not good, and I just received an e-mail from a friend who seems quite pessimistic about my chances. Oh very dear. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• LeeSouthEast
    Options
    Yikes! That's dreadful! Keep us posted, and I hope you get that sorted. :(
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing