We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Wasps and Bees

Options

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    According to the bee keeper the wasp nest came second, they then started to kill a few bees, raides the honey and reduced the bee nest to ruins.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • jules1964
    jules1964 Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    According to the bee keeper the wasp nest came second, they then started to kill a few bees, raides the honey and reduced the bee nest to ruins.

Typical bloody wasps. Another good reason to destroy them.
    Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.........!!!:rotfl::T
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    well this threads buzzing
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • jules1964
    Options
    jamespir wrote: »
    well this threads buzzing

lol :rotfl::T
    Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.........!!!:rotfl::T
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    sorry couldnt help it
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • jules1964
    Options
    jamespir wrote: »
    sorry couldnt help it

lol I needed to laugh tonight after my dog destroyed my honeysuckle lol so thanks!
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's really rare, AIUI there are almost no wild honey bees left in the UK.

What a shame.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Doubt they're wild bees but young queens leave the hive and fly away to start their own colony.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would have thought bee keepers were preventing swarming as much as they can atm, what with so many dying off and catching as many swarms as possible.
    But you're probably right.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    He told me that swarms were usually in May/June but spare queens fly off without a swarm as such.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport