world mail panel

Options

Comments

• Annft
    Annft Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I have been accepted on to the panel recently
    I received a test email from them in Aug and a few weeks ago I received a stack of pre paid envelopes to return transponders when I receive them. I have not received anything yet and it has been a few weeks now. Can anyone tell me how long you normally wait to receive your first transponders?
    Many thanks
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Annft wrote: »
    Hi I have been accepted on to the panel recently
    I received a test email from them in Aug and a few weeks ago I received a stack of pre paid envelopes to return transponders when I receive them. I have not received anything yet and it has been a few weeks now. Can anyone tell me how long you normally wait to receive your first transponders?
    Many thanks

I must be on a different survey with them.
    I receive individual return envelopes in each test envelope which contains the transponder.

Are the return envelopes to an address in the UK or elsewhere in Europe?
  • Annft
    Annft Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all the stamped envelopes I have are for Germany. It says these are to be used to return the transponders I will receive from other participants. I have had these since beginning of Sept but not received anything else yet. Thanks
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,306 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    World Mail panel do have 2 different panels - it has been discussed on here previously.

Like General Grant I do the one where you only receive mail and each letter has the envelope to return the transponder.

If you had no indication of when you should actually start to receive letters, why not send them an email? I am sure they would send you a quick reply.
  • prernakapoor
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    There have always been 3 elements to the awards not just a "monthly bonus".

That's odd because I've always had just the "monthly bonus" awarded which has been a fixed amount every month. We may be on different surveys.
  • prernakapoor
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    I tried checking when I first joined but found it impossible.

You receive £3 each month as member
    20p each item received and confirmed
    10p each transponder returned

There could always be a difference, I suppose, as you have no idea if all your transponders arrive back with them. Also, of course, there will always be a difference because of the end of month returns.

As a company, they seem very well organised (unlike TNS) so I am not unhappy just to accept their figures.

I finally got an email yesterday detailing the new award methodology which I've pasted below. I am quite surprised that they mention the rewards will change "from now on", but my September bonus seems to have been calculated using this method:

For your activity as a receiver, you will receive a basic monthly bonus of 2,00 GBP as well as 0,25 GBP per confirmed test item and additional 0,10 GBP per returned transponder.

For example, as a receiver of test letters with a monthly average of 20 test letters, you would receive a monthly bonus of 2,00 GBP + 20 x 0,25 GBP + 20 x 0,10 GBP resulting in 9 GBP.

For your activity as a sender, you will receive a basic monthly bonus of 2,00 GBP as well as 0,30 GBP per sent/confirmed test item. As a sender with a monthly average of 24 test letters, your sender bonus is resulting in 9,20 GBP.

As an active sender and receiver you would receive about 18,20 GBP.

Your monthly bonus might vary from now on. However, the additional bonus areas are arranged in an equitable and fair way referring to the amount of test letters you are posting and receiving. Besides - shall you receive and/or post more test mail during a specific month than usual, your bonus will increase as well.

• m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get 'a basic monthly bonus of £3,00 as well £0,20 per confirmed test item and additional £0,10 per returned transponder' (from an email dated 30.09.15).
  • prernakapoor
    Options
    m1kjm wrote: »
    I get 'a basic monthly bonus of £3,00 as well £0,20 per confirmed test item and additional £0,10 per returned transponder' (from an email dated 30.09.15).

Looks like they've decided to reduce the fixed monthly bonus and increase the variable component in the reward system I've been included in.
  • Emmaa
    Emmaa Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    will give this a try, thanks
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I finally got an email yesterday detailing the new award methodology which I've pasted below. I am quite surprised that they mention the rewards will change "from now on", but my September bonus seems to have been calculated using this method:

For your activity as a receiver, you will receive a basic monthly bonus of 2,00 GBP as well as 0,25 GBP per confirmed test item and additional 0,10 GBP per returned transponder.

For example, as a receiver of test letters with a monthly average of 20 test letters, you would receive a monthly bonus of 2,00 GBP + 20 x 0,25 GBP + 20 x 0,10 GBP resulting in 9 GBP.

For your activity as a sender, you will receive a basic monthly bonus of 2,00 GBP as well as 0,30 GBP per sent/confirmed test item. As a sender with a monthly average of 24 test letters, your sender bonus is resulting in 9,20 GBP.

As an active sender and receiver you would receive about 18,20 GBP.

Your monthly bonus might vary from now on. However, the additional bonus areas are arranged in an equitable and fair way referring to the amount of test letters you are posting and receiving. Besides - shall you receive and/or post more test mail during a specific month than usual, your bonus will increase as well.

Does that mean that you are both a Sender and a Receiver of mail?

I only receive and there was nothing in the email sent to me on 30 September which suggested there was a change afoot.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback