Virgin 9months 0% NO FEE

Following Martin's mail this morning, I quickly popped on and put an application in and got £3k. Great. However, I had to estimate the BT amount for two CC's and I put in a higher figure. I always pay the cards off each month, so I have no idea what exactly will be owing when the transfer goes through, but we are doing some Home Improvement work shortly which the above will cover. Do they pay the amount you say, or the os balance? Also did I read somewhere you can have BT paid into your Bank Account.
DG
Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
«1345

Replies

  • CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    donny-gal wrote: »
    Following Martin's mail this morning, I quickly popped on and put an application in and got £3k. Great. However, I had to estimate the BT amount for two CC's and I put in a higher figure. I always pay the cards off each month, so I have no idea what exactly will be owing when the transfer goes through, but we are doing some Home Improvement work shortly which the above will cover. Do they pay the amount you say, or the os balance? Also did I read somewhere you can have BT paid into your Bank Account.
    DG

    They pay the amount you say provided your credit limit is sufficient to cover it. If the two amounts you requested come to more than £3k then your best bet is to phone Virgin quoting your application reference number to confirm.

    You have BT to your bank account for a 4% fee, not 0%.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • donny-galdonny-gal Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks C-J
    The amounts are well under the £3k, I can do the HI and still be within it.

    Can you transfer from the same card more than once in the 60 days - doubt it?

    This is a leave the money where it is and get interest rather than clear a debt.
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    donny-gal wrote: »
    Thanks C-J
    The amounts are well under the £3k, I can do the HI and still be within it.

    Can you transfer from the same card more than once in the 60 days - doubt it?

    This is a leave the money where it is and get interest rather than clear a debt.
    DG

    Yup, you can make multiple transfer so long as they're all done within 60 days of account opening. They get to charge you the same 0% fee for each transfer :)
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • donny-galdonny-gal Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Usual rule of don't use the card normally else they will take the payments off the BT and not the other spends?
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    donny-gal wrote: »
    Usual rule of don't use the card normally else they will take the payments off the BT and not the other spends?
    Not with this card, no...but ONLY during the first 3 months.

    Just make sure you've repaid the value of any purchases made before the 3rd statement date.

    See condition 2f for full details.
  • Offer is withdrawn as of 10am 13th August. Oh well. Guess I wasn't quick enough!
  • I have been accepted for this card
    I am not tax payer
    Can anyone please explain how I could make a few pwnnies from this card?
    I do have other cards to use a pawn if needed but they dont have a balance
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    I have been accepted for this card
    I am not tax payer
    Can anyone please explain how I could make a few pwnnies from this card?
    I do have other cards to use a pawn if needed but they dont have a balance

    There's a quickstart guide to stoozing on the stoozing site: http://www.stoozing.com/g_quickstooz.html

    You need a high interest savings account - there's a table of them there and more discussed in the forum: http://www.stoozing.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=stsave
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • FiatDinoFiatDino Forumite
    123 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wow ... this went quick. Just got there in time though ... feels like the old days again to have a fat sum at 0% for 9 months. When I was fixing the Balance Transfer, the customer services guy said that the offer was now closed because it was only open on a trial basis for 2,000 applicants ....
  • Got a decline because of a recent loan from Barclays (about 9 months ago).

    Was wondering though........

    Didn't see a box to tick to opt out of PPI on the application menu.
    Thought that may be the catch, as I didn't scrutinise the T and C's to closely.:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals