We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

free tea and biscuit

Options

Comments

• jem1276
    jem1276 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Me and my hubby are giving our second blood donations today. :beer:
  • jem1276
    jem1276 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Eve_May wrote: »
    Please don't forget to ask about joining the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Donor Register while you are giving blood; extending your ability to save a life. Donating bone marrow is nowhere near as bad as people think - no drilling of spines or hip bones whatsoever.

If you need any motivation type "baldy's blog" into Google, you will find a brilliant blog which dispels all myths about getting on the register and what happens if you are ever lucky enough to get the call saying you are needed. Although no longer with us, Adrian's life was extended due to a bone marrow transplant from a complete stranger, how amazing is that?

Thanks for the link, have just sat and read almost the entire blog. How fascinating and inspirational!
  • hayleythedaisy
    hayleythedaisy Posts: 1,692 Forumite
    Options
    Rach - Good to hear you made a recovery thanks to the donors, I believe Karma works because you truely would if you could. It's storys like yours that help me to get over the fear and dread of the needles! So thank you for sharing.

Jem - congrats on giving your 2nd pint :-)
    Bump due 22nd September
  • AndreaE
    AndreaE Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Well, more of a swapsie than a freebie...

All I did was give blood and in return I had a free cup of tea, a packet of crisps and three Bourbon biscuits! :rotfl:
  • tnor_fo_tkcab
    Options
    I've not been to give blood for a while :o but now I know that there's free crisps involved I'll have to go give an arm full ! :D

Doesn't hurt, doesn't take long and makes a hell of a difference,

good post Andrea
    Same !!!!!! ~ Different Day :silenced:
  • Queenriderbrekke
    Options
    Bump for amalgamation
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • Queenriderbrekke
    Options
    Hi thanks for posting a Very worthy post, but unfortunately a duplicate though xx

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1872517&highlight=give+blood

Board guide pm'd to amalgamate.
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • albionwarrior
    albionwarrior Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bumping again thanks op now about to give pint number 102
  • thriftymanc
    Options
    Apparently I'm too small to donate :mad:

Is that a new thing? Because I clearly remember one of those blood donor van things coming to my school. I didn't donate at the time because I wasn't well but plenty of other kids did!

It takes the pee a bit, as if it's not bad enough that I can never see anything in crowds or reach things in shops, now I'm not even allowed to donate blood.
  • Sibylia
    Sibylia Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently I'm too small to donate :mad:

Is that a new thing? Because I clearly remember one of those blood donor van things coming to my school. I didn't donate at the time because I wasn't well but plenty of other kids did!

It takes the pee a bit, as if it's not bad enough that I can never see anything in crowds or reach things in shops, now I'm not even allowed to donate blood.

I thought the rule was you need to be over 50 kg (7 st 12). I don't think the height matters though! Maybe you need more free biscuits!

I was not allowed to give blood in Canada because I spent too much time in the UK. I moved to the UK and thought "finally, can give blood!" but then they told me I could not give blood cause I had been in Canada recently. Fortunately enough, they accepted my blood after I had been here for 28 days! But now I had surgery and need to wait until my medication is stable to give blood again.

I want to reach 100 donations in my lifetime, will have to get the meds sorted asap!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure