🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Freecycle Alternative : ForFreeForum.net - What do you think?

Options

Comments

• happydj
    happydj Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I've just registered too. Good luck with the site.

Thank you very much for your support. We have had a few of our members come over from MSE. We are gradually growing every day and more things are getting listed. We are still looking for people to help us spread the word if they think FFF is usefull.

I have put together a media page (we were also talked about on a local radio station TFM radio which was nice)

The media page contains a poster (which we would like people to take into there work, if you can display it in a shop window, I will be willing to cover the cost of the advertisement also)

Here's the media page:
    http://www.forfreeforum.net/media

Also, other usefull information is a PDF file with information about FFF in a easy to understand format.

Thank you again for the support I have had from MSE, It is a shame there hasn't been as many members as page views - but as they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

If anyone wants to help me out personally, and other members of FFF and also those who have joined from MSE, please register and help us to grow.

Paul
    Origional Debt: £16,000
    Total amount owed: £8,950.00
    £2 coin savers club: £44.00
  • Andy_Davies
    Options
    happydj wrote:
    FFF's main aim is to give things away free - for the purpose of helping people out and getting rid of stuff no longer needed.

Isn't that exactly the same aim as Freecycle's got?

Most people on the Gloucestershire group seem interested in getting rid of stuff they no longer need and helping each other out.
  • happydj
    Options
    Isn't that exactly the same aim as Freecycle's got?

Most people on the Gloucestershire group seem interested in getting rid of stuff they no longer need and helping each other out.

Hello

Freecycle's aim (according to there website) is to help cut down on the waste for our landfull sites. I have never said in this thread to 'leave freecycle and use FFF' I am only trying to offer another option.

I am just trying to provide a free to use service - where the aim of the game is to help people. Those who have something they no longer need/use/want - and those who want/need something.

By all means - Freecycle is very good - I myself am a member of freecycle, I am not trying to replace it. I had my listing of O2 sim cards turned down by a moderator, and I wanted to give away these sim cards to peolpe who would actually need/use them. I would also be willing to post these anywhere in the UK for free if someone needs them. There is no place I can do this on freecycle, but you can on FFF.

I hope this has cleared some things up for you.

Paul
  • Revenge_of_the_Red_Devil
    Options
    Thanks alot, seems like a great website...
    "People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer"
  • jassi_9
    jassi_9 Posts: 1,358 Forumite
    Options
    how can you have birmingham listed under warwickshire?!!!!!

you need a west midlands section
  • happydj
    Options
    Well I was going off an old county map that I only realised was old once i finished it - so im relying on members like yourself to keep me right ;o)
  • Revenge_of_the_Red_Devil
    Options
    Come on, someone from London join!
    "People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer"
  • happydj
    Options
    Come on, someone from London join!

lol Thanks! I am in the process of contacting all local councils, and have had an excellent responce so far. FFF will be getting listed on there websites as well as in some of there printed publications. Of course, it depends on council to council how far they want to go to help promote FFF.

It is getting bigger day by day and I want to thank everyone on FFF who have registered and helped promote FFF.

There are loads of councils throughout the UK, but im working my way through them. Taking quite a long time however because I have got to find the person to contact on each council website.

Also printed 1000 A5 flyers, so there are some available if you want to use them. Just send me a PM of FFF if you want some.
  • starlite_2
    starlite_2 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - I am in london but reluctant to join as it isn't really covered very well...
    i.e greenwich isn't in kent..my area isn't listed at all..why not just have se, nw, w, e ,n, sw etc...
    Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb
  • starbuck_3
    starbuck_3 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Why not try https://www.free2collect.co.uk not many people seem to know about this website. Lots of free stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport