🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Freecycle Alternative : ForFreeForum.net - What do you think?

Options

Comments

• happydj
    happydj Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    OK,

I have now setup the forum so visitors can see what it looks lik etc - but arn't able to see the posts until they register. This way everyone will see what they have access to before having to register (which was said earlier and someone recommended it)

Hopefully this will help on people using it! I am already very happy with the number of people registered since its been less than 36 hours launched!
    Origional Debt: £16,000
    Total amount owed: £8,950.00
    £2 coin savers club: £44.00
  • helenafiggy
    Options
    thanks, just registered and put in my first post for manchester
  • hawkwinddotcom
    Options
    Spelling mistakes will make it appear to be amatuerish (sp :rotfl: )

http://www.forfreeforum.net/t4-new-users-please-read-here.html

If at any time you have any questions about FFF then you are always welcome to conact us by using the 'Contact Us' link found at the bottom of every page or by clicking

http://www.forfreeforum.net/announcement.php?f=93

We have also implemented SEO URLs (links which can be accessed by search enjine spiders) to

Good luck :T
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
  • happydj
    Options
    Its not amatuerish - its just I can't spell.

Thanks very much for the feedback and i will sort out the spelling mistakes now.
  • happydj
    Options
    Thanks very much. We have even been talked about on the radio so things are looking really good. Thanks to everyone who is supporting FFF - it wouldnt have been possible to provide this free service without the help of everyone here and the kind permission from martin.
    thanks, just registered and put in my first post for manchester
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    happydj wrote:
    It would have been nice you PMing me about this instead of making a thread and taking the mick because of my spelling and proof reading. What I am trying to do with FFF is create something for free and most of all is usefull! Take the mick as much as you want - but you still inderstand what it was suppost to say and the general idea of the forum.

I think that's a bit unfair to the other poster. You've asked for feedback on a public forum. Surely all feedback whether it is positive or negative (providing it's constructive and not abusive) should be valued. :confused:

Poor spelling can be overlooked on a forum or in emails etc, but it does give a poor impression on a website. I don't think the other poster was taking the mick - they were just offering an opinion on the overall look of the site and ways to improve it.

Good luck with the site. I haven't registered yet myself as my local Freecycle group is a very active and successful group. Will consider signing up in future if/when your site becomes better established. :)
  • happydj
    Options
    jo_b wrote:
    I think that's a bit unfair to the other poster. You've asked for feedback on a public forum. Surely all feedback whether it is positive or negative (providing it's constructive and not abusive) should be valued. :confused:

Poor spelling can be overlooked on a forum or in emails etc, but it does give a poor impression on a website. I don't think the other poster was taking the mick - they were just offering an opinion on the overall look of the site and ways to improve it.

Good luck with the site. I haven't registered yet myself as my local Freecycle group is a very active and successful group. Will consider signing up in future if/when your site becomes better established. :)

Hello

Thank you for your opinion and I will look forward to welcoming you in the next few months. We arn't trying to replace freecycle. They have there main (and very good aim) to prevent build up of waste in UK. FFF's main aim is to give things away free - for the purpose of helping people out and getting rid of stuff no longer needed.

I hope this clears this up. Thank you again for your opinion.
  • bones61
    bones61 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    joined freecycle last weekend, not overly impressed. Found MSE at the same time but just joined, very impressed (need to leave thanks to several people). Just joined FFF. great attitude, hope to help make it work. See you all soon.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ive just registered :) looks good,easy to use etc good luck and well done paul
  • aligandalf1
    Options
    I've just registered too. Good luck with the site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport