Freecycle Alternative : ForFreeForum.net - What do you think?

Options
Hello everyone at MSE!

To all the mods - I have permission from Martin to tell everyone on MSE about FFF

I have been a user of freecycle for some time now. Having used it for a while and very much liked the whole idea of freecycle - believe it could be improved. Since it is all done via Yahoo (which I dont own... shame really! lol) I decided to do what I could to make a more user friendly version of Freecycle.

The result is www.ForFreeForum.net - and is my finest creation! :j The site is brand new and has many features and usefull functions which wouldn't normally be available. Some of which include:
Quick searching, Image hosting, PM system (so your email address can remain private), find out who responded first to messages (usefull for 1st come 1st serve listings), Rating system for members, set how you want to be told about replys: Instant, Daily, Weekly etc, easy to use graphical layout and many more!

www.ForFreeForum.net is and always will be 100% free to use: There are no (or ever will be) 'account upgrades!'

As with many new websites www.ForFreeForum.net included, it needs people to use it! This is what myself and Martin have been discussing and with his backing and kind permission have I been aloud to offer the site's services for members of MSE.

The funding for this site comes out of my own pocket, sort of a hobby (but its a worth while cause) and I like helping people when I can - FFF is the best way I know to be able to do this. I am sure that once you register at the site, make a couple of posts in the testing forum to see how everything works, download our user manual - you will be very happy to use it. Remember it is 100% free to use - so, if you have anything you want to get rid of, make a post at FFF and let's try and make FFF work!

I do also recommend you download our userguide to have a quick flick through how to use FFF to get you started quickly.

Thanks to everyone who has read this post, and special thanks has to go to Martin for his help, support and backing of www.ForFreeForum.net - :beer:

If anyone has any questions, comments etc, please feel free to post and I will try and keep on top of replys, you can also contact me via FFF.

Thanks to everyone once again!
:T

Also added information/poster which is available from: www.forfeeforum.net/media
Also added following domain names: www.forfreeforum.co.uk www.forfreeforum.com
Origional Debt: £16,000
Total amount owed: £8,950.00
£2 coin savers club: £44.00

Comments

• beckie
    beckie Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    the site looks great! i haven't joined up yet, but was just wondering where all the freebie ads are put? do i have to join first to see these?
    thanks
  • happydj
    happydj Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Thanks very much for your feedback.
    Once you register and login to your account, you will see all of the forums. We hide the forums from visitors to help prevent forum spammers etc.

Thank you very much again for your feedback - it's only been online and open for a couple of days, but we are starting to get a few members now and i really hope people will benifit from the site.

Thanks again for your feedback - if there is anything else I can do for you or answer, please just ask.

Paul
  • watch_this_space_2
    Options
    I love the design. This forum has been well, thought out. I've joined up and posted a few books to get you started and I do hope to get rid of them as they are taking up precious space LOL. Hope it becomes a successful forum :T
  • silverfoxdude
    silverfoxdude Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    Options
    Mornin happdj.. Looking good! We've registered, and will have a trawl around the site later

I'm sure it'll be a hit
  • happydj
    Options
    Mornin happdj.. Looking good! We've registered, and will have a trawl around the site later

I'm sure it'll be a hit

Thanks very much - i dont want it to be just a hit for me - what I really really want is for people to enjoy using it - that would make me feel good because then i feel like i would have helped! lol

Thanks for your comments I appreshiate it
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ooopppp's think i broke it, regesterd now page wont load.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • happydj
    Options
    lol typical! lol

Can I ask whats happened when you registered, did you recieve and validata your email address. Its good in a way if people have issues early on because then I can hopefully fix anything.

Paul
  • watch_this_space_2
    Options
    I think it will be a hit for everyone
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    I've just registered and am awaiting my email to validate thanks! :j :beer:
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    How long does it take to get the validation email?
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure