Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• Myzdamena
    Myzdamena Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have the new Cardmaking and Papercraft? I subscribed for the crop-a-dile -

When was that on offer? :(

Been looking for ages to find something I want as an offer never saw that one :(

Thanks for the 3 addresses I already have for cards- anyone else that would like a card (not necessarily right now but in future) PM me your address too

Off to have shower but prob not back again today so *hugs* and *hugs* from little myz too she says. Thanks again to craftygranny as she's keeping away from me and letting me rest because of all the lovely stamps she's getting to colour at the moment. Anyone else with spare images, like ones that didnd't quite stamp properly would find good home here :rotfl:. Grr hate feeling so crud been nice these past few days and haven't even got in to the garden to flop :rotfl:

Did I say *hugs* yet? If not, *hugs* to everyone xxxxxxx
    :j A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word :j
  • Popkins
    Popkins Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone!!

I've been trying to catch up since i got back from my hols but its just not happening - only up to page 34!!! So have given up!!! and will start anew from here if thats ok!!

Melissa - congrats & can't wait to see your DT card!! I know it'll be fab!!!

Gemma - was soooo sorry to read about your mum & dad's kitty!! We had 3 elderly cats who all had to be put to sleep and it was sooo sad - one of the only times I've seen my hubby cry! but at least kitty is no longer suffering!

Kaitlin - wonderful card you made for 'the wife' - very beautiful - can never have tooo much bling!!

I wonder if anyone can update me on the NEC trip in November please? I really want to go but none of my friends/family craft and wouldn't be interested so it would be great to meet up with you lovely ladies - Furrypig think you said maybe we could travel up together which would be great!!? Anyway, who is going & when - was it the Friday? and how is the best way for me to book a ticket - have you all booked your tickets now? Hels - think its a fab idea to have it as a hen do!! woop woop!!

Anyway
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    popkins did you get my pm? my pms sometimes have a habit of not getting there!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • Popkins
    Options
    furrypig wrote: »
    Ooh lots happening with everyone!

Sadly my plans for the weekend were cancelled :cry: FIL is poorly so can't stay with them in Dorset so wishing him well but sad we aren't having a weekend near the seaside with them.
    So we went to the cinema (a rare event in our house!) we used Odeon Kids club £2.50per child and adult gopes free so £5 for the 4 of us and saw monsters v aliens! Had no food in at all so went to M&S and bought 2 of their dine in for £10 meals as a treat!!! Well we would have spent quite a lot on petrol and would normally take the inlaws out for lunch so prob saved money in the end!

I am gonna book my train tickets soon for the NEC soon, for the Friday me thinks, trying to get them booked before the price goes up! Was anyone else going from 'down South' in the end??????

Oooh me going me going!!! Don't leave me behind please!!!! Maybe PM me and we can co-ordinate? Have you booked your actual NEC ticket yet & if so where from & how much did you use tesco voucher? I couldn't work it out - such a numpty!! :j
  • Popkins
    edited 30 August 2009 at 11:20AM
    Options
    bunbun2 wrote: »
    popkins did you get my pm? my pms sometimes have a habit of not getting there!

Oh yes I did this morning!! Sorry - been trying to dig out the instructions! will pm you in a mo with them!! :D

Just PM'd you - hope the instructions are clear!! If not just shout & I'll try to explain it better!!
  • JailhouseBabe
    Options
    Hi JHB,

It would indeed be rude for you to say no!! ...

As for promarkers have you seen their passion for promarkers blog which Polly recommended?? they do various tutorials. As for colours then browns would be good, depends how many different browns you have. I have quite a few different ones ranging from cinnamon to terracotta etc etc ....

Can you show me which mag you bought please? so I can see the stamp?

Thanks Rusty. :)
    I just found this link, which shows the stamps but not the magazine. It looks like it'll be in the shops on Tuesday.

Polly - which magazine are your bits in? Ooh, maybe I should rephrase that! :p Which magazine have your crafts been featured in? Is it the Docrafts with the christmas ribbon freebie? I wasn't going to buy it this month, but I will if that's the one you're in.

Welcome back Popkins, hope you had a fab holiday.
    Myz - take it easy. ;)

Rainmac - think I'll have to go and buy sandstone and vanilla now. :p The university library shop has re-stocked their promarkers, I got sooo excited
    when I saw them. :o
    They've put the price up to £1.50 (from £1.25), but that's still the cheapest I've seen for individual pens.
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • Popkins
    Options
    Most of us ordered our Cuttlebug's from http://www.craftsuperstore.co.uk/ for £46 using a 15% off discount code (if it still works!). Alphabets can be quite expensive though but if you check out the Quickutz alphabets at http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/revolution_alphabets.htm they have some cheap in their sale... x

Right OK!! I can no longer live without a Cuttlebug!!! :rotfl:So I Must purchase one today!!! Can anyone tell me what the 15% discount code is please? and also which dies are a MUST to start off with please? :rolleyes: You'se lot are soooooo not good for my bank balance LOL!!! thought we were on MSE!!!! I've obviously stumbled onto a Money Spending forum instead of a Money Saving one!!!! :rotfl:
  • Kim_Possible
    Options
    All this chat re: magazines. Ive bought Beautiful Crafts for my trip, safely tucked away not to be read b4 then. I hope its the current edition, well it is 30th Aug and its meant to be out mid Aug [it has a red cover?]. Can anyone else recommend another paper craft one- want to spend it on a reliably good mag!- was it papercraft and cardmaking someone said the stamps were with?:confused:
  • chocolate.orange_2
    Options
    The Christmas teddy stamps were a free gift in the Cardmaking and papercraft magazine. Issue 70. October

HTH :)
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    Popkins wrote: »
    Right OK!! I can no longer live without a Cuttlebug!!! :rotfl:So I Must purchase one today!!! Can anyone tell me what the 15% discount code is please? and also which dies are a MUST to start off with please? :rolleyes: You'se lot are soooooo not good for my bank balance LOL!!! thought we were on MSE!!!! I've obviously stumbled onto a Money Spending forum instead of a Money Saving one!!!! :rotfl:

The code (for craft superstore) is PC22, haven't used it for a while so unsure if it still works, hope it does!! xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure