Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry not had internet all morning and then we had to take DS up to the train station to go see his dad so I am all sad today!! ... I sat and coloured in some images last night just for fun but made no new cards!!

Hope all who are feeling poorly are better soon!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty your cards are stunning!
    Gemm your altered container is so sweet, do you know if I saw that in a shop I would buy it!
    Polly lovely cards as always!
    I've posted a card on my blog http://helsbelswork.blogspot.com
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Hels - yep I'm doing the advent calendar thing, but I'm not doing an advent one - if that makes sense - I'm going to cover it in normal papers and give it to Mum as a present to store all her bits and pieces in. Fab cards on your blog, my favourite is your thank your one - its so pretty!!

Furrypig - sorry your plans went belly up!!!!

Rusty - I don't know when I'm going to start my advent calendar thingie - I've got a feeling its going to be quite a challenge - it looks quite fiddly!!!!
  • Bubbles17
    Bubbles17 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've added a few cards I have made to my blog - would love some feedback! (You have to scroll down to older posts)

http://sweetcraftiness.blogspot.com/
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty - your gorjuss girl cards are fabulous - I love that stamp!!!!!
  • pinkladymel
    pinkladymel Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2009 at 7:55PM
    Options
    I made an advent calender in the new creativity magazine if anyone has got it? I used a baking tray and covered it with textured cardstock. The advent pieces were decorated with Forever Friends stickers and gems but you could use your stamps.. like.. a Gorjuss girl Calender :) I then popped a magnet on the back of each piece and an envelope on the back of the baking tray to keep the pieces in.

I have been really enjoying restoring old photos lately and when Lee's uncle saw his late mother in the magazine it made him cry so that felt really good.

Have been really into making cards lately and can't seem to scrap at all?? Loving the new Christmas stash by Docrafts, especially the clear stamps. I always think they're a bargain at 5.99 for a whole sheet. I sound like an advertisement now ;)

If anyone makes anything nice with their Docrafts stash (Doodlebug, Anitas, Papermania, WRMK etc) then let me know.. there's a nice readers section in the mag :)
    :xmastree:Self Certified Christmas Addict:xmastree:
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    rusty your new gorjuss girls cards are really gorjuss ;)

hels the card and decorated folder youve added to your blog are fab, is the folder like a wallet card inside?
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    PLM I remember seeing your advent calender in the mag, it looks lovely, must have taken you ages to make! xx
  • pinkladymel
    pinkladymel Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2009 at 8:39PM
    Options
    It was actually quite quick to do because the pieces could all be cut out in one big batch and was tons of fun to decorate them all. Thanks Gemm xx

I haven't done a blog hop in ages so got to do that now!!
    :xmastree:Self Certified Christmas Addict:xmastree:
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gemm85 wrote: »
    PLM I remember seeing your advent calender in the mag, it looks lovely, must have taken you ages to make! xx

I bought the mag today and am looking forward to reading it later:D
    I went to the paper mill where I also got a box of card and 3 smirk Christmas stamps:j
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family