Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• JailhouseBabe
    Options
    Kim - hope you have a lovely trip. How long are you there for? I was in NY last November, but unfortunately that was before I joined this thread and wasn't looking for crafty stuff. Maybe I'll pick up some bargains in Vegas.
    Rusty - that's very kind of you; it would be rude of me to say no! ;)
    Furry - I also have a duplicate colour in my promarkers (coral). PM me your address if you want it and I'll post it Tuesday.
    Bubbles - your blog looks great. I hope we see some more cards from you. :)
    Rainmac - thanks for the links, I'll definitely be ordering the coasters. :)

Does anyone have the new Cardmaking and Papercraft? I subscribed for the crop-a-dile - there's a gorgeous set of bear christmas stamps as the free gift. I think they'll be featuring on most of my cards this year. But can anyone please offer me advice on colouring bears? (Preferably which colour promarkers to use). I just can't do them. :(
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yep I went on that thread before my trip 3 years ago!! I didn't do card making then tho so wasn't looking for craft stores sorry!!
  • Kim_Possible
    Options
    JHB- im going for four days to chicago and then onto ny for 7 days. As ive mentioned b4 going with a non crafty friend was would be pushing it to get into a craft shop never mind hunting one out. Maybe its for the best- ill jsu spend my money on clothes instead!!
    thanks furrypig for the replies- they were of help!
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Kim - hope you have a lovely trip. How long are you there for? I was in NY last November, but unfortunately that was before I joined this thread and wasn't looking for crafty stuff. Maybe I'll pick up some bargains in Vegas.
    Furry - I also have a duplicate colour in my promarkers (coral). PM me your address if you want it and I'll post it Tuesday.

Does anyone have the new Cardmaking and Papercraft? I subscribed for the crop-a-dile - there's a gorgeous set of bear christmas stamps as the free gift. I think they'll be featuring on most of my cards this year. But can anyone please offer me advice on colouring bears? (Preferably which colour promarkers to use). I just can't do them. :(

Hi JHB,

It would indeed be rude for you to say no!! ...

As for promarkers have you seen their passion for promarkers blog which Polly recommended?? they do various tutorials. As for colours then browns would be good, depends how many different browns you have. I have quite a few different ones ranging from cinnamon to terracotta etc etc ....

Can you show me which mag you bought please? so I can see the stamp?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    have a fab time in the USA Kim, hope you manage to find some bargains! I love shopping in general over there as it always seems so much cheaper when you work out the price in £ :)
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I made an advent calender in the new creativity magazine if anyone has got it? I used a baking tray and covered it with textured cardstock. The advent pieces were decorated with Forever Friends stickers and gems but you could use your stamps.. like.. a Gorjuss girl Calender :) I then popped a magnet on the back of each piece and an envelope on the back of the baking tray to keep the pieces in.

I have been really enjoying restoring old photos lately and when Lee's uncle saw his late mother in the magazine it made him cry so that felt really good.

Have been really into making cards lately and can't seem to scrap at all?? Loving the new Christmas stash by Docrafts, especially the clear stamps. I always think they're a bargain at 5.99 for a whole sheet. I sound like an advertisement now ;)

If anyone makes anything nice with their Docrafts stash (Doodlebug, Anitas, Papermania, WRMK etc) then let me know.. there's a nice readers section in the mag :)

I saw it, I saw it, the first thing I did was flick through looking for your 'stuff'. You are so clever and talented, I love the baking tray calendar x
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    edited 30 August 2009 at 10:18AM
    Options
    furrypig wrote: »
    Thanks Rainmac that is a very kind offer! Also I think I may splurge on some beer mats and magnets etc etc as they will be great to make with the kids and for pressies for so many people for Chrimbo need to get some calendars now!! Was it the glitterpot u recommended??

Do you know Furry, after mentioning the Gliitter Pot, I went there to buy some more and they were sold out :eek: I found some on ebay for 99p + 99p p&p so 1p cheaper than the Glitter Pot ;)

Will pop the pen in the post during the week so you can try it out and see if you like it x
  • rainmac
    Options
    thanks furrypig. Ive been on the nyc thread when planning the trip but found they arent as nice as ppl in here, can be a little scarcastic so would be a bit worried about getting laughed out of the thread asking about crafts! Might pluck up courage b4 thurs. I was seaching for threads on "to do in nyc" and one from way back in 2006 was a similar user name to u and when i clicked more posts it was infact you. lol... full circle!

Have a brilliant time Kim :j
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gemm85 wrote: »
    ooh I am envious bunbun, I have a serious craving for Smirk stuff!!

I am being good now though as I booked my ticket for Manchester next sunday so want to have some money left for that :D

when I have had a go (not done much stamping so will prob need lots of practise!) and they come out OK would you like me to do some for you?
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • rainmac
    Options

Going to be getting that mag I think ;) Sandstone is a nice brown if you wanted a brown bear, maybe highlight areas with a paler colour such as Vanilla maybe? I am a complete Promarker novice but have tried these colours together and they look nice, I think so anyway ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport