credit reference ...the quickest way ideally...

Options

Comments

• Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    How long will it take with the statutory system as i think in the past took too long and need to get my cards sorted now
    Whenever I've ordered my credit reports directly from Experian and Equifax online, they've arrived by post within a week. For tips, see page 1 of the *How to obtain credit reports* sticky.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Moggles wrote: »
    Whenever I've ordered my credit reports directly from Experian and Equifax online, they've arrived by post within a week. For tips, see page 1 of the *How to obtain credit reports* sticky.

Exactly, I agree - thus I mentioned 10 days as 10 days is universally acceptable and usually they meet this deadline..... :T
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • iceage3
    iceage3 Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    why oh why do MSE allow this awful awful misleading link to constantly reappear on their system?

For the record, that is a total total total total waste of time and restricts the data they give out. You mention someone told you things would be missing - cos they are! Yours wouldn't be ok, unless of course you simply believe everything you read - it cannot be ok because it is taking a 'recent' snapshot of the record so things are always out-of-date and also, they use callcredit primarily, lets not beat about the bush here - only Monument use CallCredit and Monument no longer offer cards - says it all I guess.

Yea, others do report to CallCredit but that means nothing - no1 searches them!

So in answer to this post - please do not join this silly website - it will achieve nothing..... send off £2 for the statutory report and wait the 10 days it takes to come. :D

for the last yr i have been with experian and i must admit they have been slow ,i have wanted to cancel and will do soon ,this link i saw from other forum .

i have now checked both and all my cc reports are the same as annualcreditreport even the figures are the same .i have 15 listings and annualcreditreport has 15 listings .

if u pay a credit card of they dont see until next month that u have payed it off thats why experian credit report is slow in ther actions.

ok i have had this for 6.99 for peace off mind .(fraud mainly)

but if u want to apply for credit quick u will have to wait until u have the right figures.

this is where it is slow,until they quick services up its a waste money.
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    iceage3 wrote: »
    If you want to apply for credit quickly, you will have to wait until you have the right figures. This is where it is slow ...
    This applies equally to all three CRAs. The frequency of reporting is controlled by their clients, the lenders.

We cannot be absolutely certain which credit card providers search a particular agency's files at any given time, but it's known that most use Experian, so that one matters most, IMO.

Btw, once you have your hard copy, the CRAs seem happy to answer questions over the phone if you quote your reference number. So if, for instance, you wanted to check that particular items had since been updated, there's no need to order further copies of your credit reports ;)
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • Deals_2
    Deals_2 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Options
    might be a bit sensitive considering all the grief i have had from banks !!!
    CannyJock wrote: »
    It's a joke/jape/jest/sarcastic interjection to highlight the relativity of time.

Apply for the £2 statutory reports online, then enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)
  • UK0106
    UK0106 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    why oh why do MSE allow this awful awful misleading link to constantly reappear on their system?

For the record, that is a total total total total waste of time and restricts the data they give out. You mention someone told you things would be missing - cos they are! Yours wouldn't be ok, unless of course you simply believe everything you read - it cannot be ok because it is taking a 'recent' snapshot of the record so things are always out-of-date and also, they use callcredit primarily, lets not beat about the bush here - only Monument use CallCredit and Monument no longer offer cards - says it all I guess.

Yea, others do report to CallCredit but that means nothing - no1 searches them!

So in answer to this post - please do not join this silly website - it will achieve nothing..... send off £2 for the statutory report and wait the 10 days it takes to come. :D

Oh, God! Why, why, why do you keep banging on about Callcredit & Monument? It's so tedious - I barely use this forum and yet everytime I do, I see multiple posts on numerous threads where you're banging on about only Monument using Callcredit for searches.

I think everybody gets the picture that you don't rate Callcredit very highly. Fair enough, that's your choice and it's your choice not to get your report from them. I don't know where or, in fact, when you got your overused snippet of information but it's incorrect and I actually know that for a fact. It would be more helpful to fellow forum members if you stopped posting information like this until you actually get proof of your "facts".

Just my opinion...
  • never-in-doubt
    edited 4 August 2009 at 7:24PM
    Options
    UK0106 wrote: »
    Oh, God! Why, why, why do you keep banging on about Callcredit & Monument? It's so tedious - I barely use this forum and yet everytime I do, I see multiple posts on numerous threads where you're banging on about only Monument using Callcredit for searches.

Eh? What planet are you from? Try clicking my name, click find all posts and then come back and eat humble pie and you'll see that you're soooo wrong! :rotfl:

Please post these 'multiple threads' for me - be a devil ;)

I have mentioned them because it is relevant, actually I hate all 3 CRA's so get it right won't you ;)
    I think everybody gets the picture that you don't rate Callcredit very highly.

Who told you that? Its a fact, they do not get used and should not be classed as a problem, i.e. if you have a default with CallCredit, so what - it will not stop you getting credit, but the same with the proper CRA's will stop you dead in your tracks.

Therefore, when someone posts about having a default on CallCredit I tell them the truth - it doesn't matter!
    Fair enough, that's your choice and it's your choice not to get your report from them.

Now you've proved that you don't know what you're on about - I'm in the process of suing CallCredit for lack of report :rotfl::rotfl: But that is irrelevant!

I don't know where or, in fact, when you got your overused snippet of information but it's incorrect and I actually know that for a fact. It would be more helpful to fellow forum members if you stopped posting information like this until you actually get proof of your "facts".

What? LOL - ok whatever! Like I say, check my post history and see if I don't know what i'm on about. Haha - :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

But be my guest and substantiate your quote 'it's incorrect and I actually know that for a fact'...

so tell me then, who searches CallCredit - please, feel free and i'll come back straight as fast with proof they do not! Monument is the only one that exclusively use them. p.s. check the CallCredit website before you attempt to answer and see what they say themselves!

• UK0106
    edited 5 August 2009 at 8:18AM
    Options
    Eh? What planet are you from? Try clicking my name, click find all posts and then come back and eat humble pie and you'll see that you're soooo wrong! :rotfl:

Please post these 'multiple threads' for me - be a devil ;)

I have mentioned them because it is relevant, actually I hate all 3 CRA's so get it right won't you ;)

Who told you that? Its a fact, they do not get used and should not be classed as a problem, i.e. if you have a default with CallCredit, so what - it will not stop you getting credit, but the same with the proper CRA's will stop you dead in your tracks.

Therefore, when someone posts about having a default on CallCredit I tell them the truth - it doesn't matter!

Now you've proved that you don't know what you're on about - I'm in the process of suing CallCredit for lack of report :rotfl::rotfl: But that is irrelevant!

What? LOL - ok whatever! Like I say, check my post history and see if I don't know what i'm on about. Haha - :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

But be my guest and substantiate your quote 'it's incorrect and I actually know that for a fact'...

so tell me then, who searches CallCredit - please, feel free and i'll come back straight as fast with proof they do not! Monument is the only one that exclusively use them. p.s. check the CallCredit website before you attempt to answer and see what they say themselves!

Firstly,the fact that you have a substantial post history does not prove that you know what you're talking about. I could sit here & post a thousand times but it wouldn't necessarily make me right.

Secondly, the repeated use of smileys in your post is quite immature and actually make me take what you're posting less seriously.

Thirdly, Considering that I actually know a large number of people who work for Callcredit (in numerous different departments), and the fact that I applied for a card with a company who searched my Callcredit report ONLY, I think I can safely say that I know (yes, KNOW) for a fact that Callcredit are used by organisations other than Monument for credit searches.

I couldn't care less about whether you're going to "sue" Callcredit (although the fact that we're not in America would suggest that you aren't actually going to "sue" them; rather take legal action). Feel free to waste your time but again, the fact that you're trying to take legal action doesn't mean you're correct or that you would win your case. Any fool can fill in a court form.

And, finally, I should point out that credit reference files are not used soley for the purposes of obtaining credit. Whilst a default on a Callcredit report may not have a massive effect on whether someone is going to have trouble obtaining credit, it may effect them when trying to get a job or rent a property. CRA data is also used for the purposes of reviewing overindebtedness so, I think you'll find that a default on a Callcredit report could actually have serious consequences for some people.
  • never-in-doubt
    edited 5 August 2009 at 8:19AM
    Options
    Firstly,the fact that you have a substantial post history does not prove that you know what you're talking about. I could sit here & post a thousand times but it wouldn't necessarily make me right.

You mean like now?

No you're right, I post junk eh? So why not check my posts and see the amount of defaults and stuff I get removed for people..... that's a plan - go for it - good luck! :confused:
    Secondly, the repeated use of smileys in your post is quite immature and actually make me take what you're posting less seriously.

Not at all, I use smilies cos they are there! How is that immature? Just click ignore user if they bother you - fool :confused:
    Thirdly, Considering that I actually know a large number of people who work for Callcredit (in numerous different departments), and the fact that I applied for a card with a company who searched my Callcredit report ONLY, I think I can safely say that I know (yes, KNOW) for a fact that Callcredit are used by organisations other than Monument for credit searches.

Prove it - send me proof of this? There is no proof that lenders use CallCredit.

Want me to post my credit files up for you? I have actually applied for every single credit card available in the UK market and every single bank account and you know what, Monument was the only search done on callcredit and this is confirmed by CallCredit themselves in their corporate plan if you'd bothered to read! ... :confused:

• UK0106
    Options
    You mean like now? (posting crap that you have no idea about?)

No you're right, I post junk eh? So why not check my posts and see the amount of defaults and stuff I get removed for people..... that's a plan - go for it - good luck! :confused:

Not at all, I use smilies cos they are there! How is that immature? Just click ignore user if they bother you - fool :confused:

Prove it - send me proof of this? There is no proof that lenders use CallCredit.

Want me to post my credit files up for you? I have actually applied for every single credit card available in the UK market and every single bank account and you know what, Monument was the only search done on callcredit and this is confirmed by CallCredit themselves in their corporate plan if you'd bothered to read! ... :confused:

Great - so you work for CallCredit - now you've just answered it. Get a grip and leave well alone cos you really have no idea what you are on about - User is Now Ignored.

:spam::spam:Troll alert - CallCredit employee guising as a user :spam::spam:

Where in my post did I say you post junk? I simply said that high post counts do not automatically mean you know what you're talking about. Just because you don't agree with the things I'm saying, it doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.

If boasting about helping people to wriggle out of paying their debts makes you feel good about yourself, go for it!

I don't have to prove anything to you, nor do I want to see your credit reports. My Callcredit report was the only one searched when I applied for a specific card which is proof enough to me that certain organisations use them for searching and I know you're wrong. I don't care whether you want to admit that you're wrong or not.

If you had read my post properly, I actually said I know people who work for Callcredit - I couldn't think of anything worse that working in that sort of place dealing with knobs like you all day. Have you never heard that when you assume, you make an !!! out of you although you evidently don't need much encouragement to do that. User is Now Ignored? That's mature - guess you don't like people disagreeing with you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure