credit reference ...the quickest way ideally...

Options
Deals_2
Deals_2 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
is this to pay £5.95 for a one off with the experian system and £7.50 for equifax? how long will it take otherwise with the statutory system as i think in the past took too long and need to get my cards sorted now. thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Simon_Preston
    Options
    Have you already used the free offers provided by Experian and Equifax. If not you can take them up and have access to your credit file in minutes.
  • iceage3
    iceage3 Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    annualcreditreport.co.uk

this is free i got code in three days logged in and its free (at moment)

someone told me its a light reference ie things missing

mine was ok
  • Deals_2
    Options
    thanks though
    Have you already used the free offers provided by Experian and Equifax. If not you can take them up and have access to your credit file in minutes.
  • Deals_2
    Options
    really useful tip appreciated. does it cover both companies experian and equifax? think also there was a 3rd company too if remember that banks sometimes use too.
    iceage3 wrote: »
    annualcreditreport.co.uk

mine was ok
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    annualcreditreport only shows what CallCredit hold on you.

Can you *really* not wait 4 or 5 days, the usual (IME) time for a postal report?
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Deals wrote: »
    is this to pay £5.95 for a one off with the experian system and £7.50 for equifax? how long will it take otherwise with the statutory system as i think in the past took too long and need to get my cards sorted now. thanks in advance for any advice.

Are you confusing the cost of the credit scores and credit reports from the credit reference agencies? These credit scores aren't worth paying for if you ask me.

You've got Friday-itus and want to do something now by the sounds of it :)

I'd apply for the £2 statutory reports and then just sit back and wait a week. This Friday, next Friday. A week won't kill you :) If you do need your cards sorted now then you should have taken action a week ago :p
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • CannyJock
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Experian have started sending out PIN numbers to some people - not always instant access when applied for.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • Deals_2
    Options
    "then you should have taken action a week ago"...?
    CannyJock wrote: »
    Are you confusing the cost of the credit scores and credit reports from the credit reference agencies? These credit scores aren't worth paying for if you ask me.

You've got Friday-itus and want to do something now by the sounds of it :)

I'd apply for the £2 statutory reports and then just sit back and wait a week. This Friday, next Friday. A week won't kill you :) If you do need your cards sorted now then you should have taken action a week ago :p
  • CannyJock
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Deals wrote: »
    "then you should have taken action a week ago"...?

It's a joke/jape/jest/sarcastic interjection to highlight the relativity of time.

Apply for the £2 statutory reports online, then enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    iceage3 wrote: »
    annualcreditreport.co.uk

mine was ok

why oh why do MSE allow this awful awful misleading link to constantly reappear on their system?

For the record, that is a total total total total waste of time and restricts the data they give out. You mention someone told you things would be missing - cos they are! Yours wouldn't be ok, unless of course you simply believe everything you read - it cannot be ok because it is taking a 'recent' snapshot of the record so things are always out-of-date and also, they use callcredit primarily, lets not beat about the bush here - only Monument use CallCredit and Monument no longer offer cards - says it all I guess.

Yea, others do report to CallCredit but that means nothing - no1 searches them!

So in answer to this post - please do not join this silly website - it will achieve nothing..... send off £2 for the statutory report and wait the 10 days it takes to come. :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family