Mobiles.co.uk How to cancel Insurance and Gadget support?

Options

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    smash wrote: »
    I emailed them twice on Friday via their website contact form and I've just noticed a bounce to my gmail spam folder.

Which said?????
  • smash
    smash Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think there's a problem with their webform, this is the Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

[EMAIL="customer.services@192.168.6.14"]customer.services@192.168.6.14[/EMAIL]

Final-Recipient: [EMAIL="rfc822%3Bcustomer.services@192.168.6.14"]rfc822;customer.services@192.168.6.14[/EMAIL]
    Action: failed
  • swilliam
    swilliam Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    smash wrote: »
    I think there's a problem with their webform, this is the Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

It been like that for the past month.

Once again I'll post it here.

[EMAIL="cstephenson@mobiles.co.uk"]cstephenson@mobiles.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • richytay1
    Options
    Hi. I've already been charged 17.94 because in truth I forgot to cancel the tmti. I didn't even buy a phone. Just a sim card off mobiles.co.uk. Is there any way I can get my money back? or part of it?
  • flowmeter
    flowmeter Posts: 351 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2010 at 10:42AM
    Options
    I'm still waiting for correspondence from TMTI - as such, i have no reference number with which to cancel.

Can i just email them at the VIP adderess (i know im unlikely to get a reply) informing them i want to cancel & then tell the bank not to accept any DD's from TMTI ?

I don't want to get into trouble legally.

Ta
    Hmmmmmmm
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Call them on 01373 839 990 - they will find your policy using your postcode and cancel it immediately.
  • myster
    myster Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Like many here I feel that this is not only "sharp marketing", but in fact potentially illegal, I will ask a lawyer for an opinion. There is nothing I can see in the pre-sales information that lets you opt out of this as has previously been noted.

Not only is morally repugnant to coerce people in this way, but I see no reason why I should be obliged to have to pay the phone charges associated with the calls to cancel the services.

I have asked mobiles.co.uk to cancel both the insurance and gadget helpline on my behalf - will be interesting to see if they say they are unable to do this, after all the managed to set them both up without my authorisation...

M
  • myster
    myster Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Well, having complained in no uncertain terms about this, I received a reply which follows for the record:

"Thank you for your email.

Further to your query we would like to confirm that you have purchased a Pay as you go handset from us.
    Pay as you go handsets does not have neither TMTI nor Phonecare insurance set upon purchase.

The small print on your order must have been a generic additional confirmation received by error.
    We apologise about this inconvenience caused.

Please disregard this small print section with in your order confirmation email.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    -- ====
    Customer Correspondence Advisor"

So, obviously this may still be an issue for contract phones, but not it seems for PAYG phones.

Good luck all.
  • fabfor
    fabfor Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got a phone from mobiles.co a year ago and, being savvy (or so I thought) immediately cancelled the insurance. It wasn't until I noticed TMTI on my bank statement last week that I realised that my bank account has been raided to the tune of £54.20 over the past year. TMTI has agreed to refund the latest debit of £18.32 but not the earlier 2 x £17.94=£35.88.

I've made it clear to mobiles.co that I consider them a party to fraud (for all that's worth) but is there any other action I can take either to recover my money from these thieves or to make them work harder to keep their ill-gotten goods. I'm livid:mad:
  • fabfor
    fabfor Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great news - I got a full refund after emailing the Managing Director; see post no.56 from Panther777cat here- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1669359&page=3 .

Great forum:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport