Mobiles.co.uk How to cancel Insurance and Gadget support?

Options

Comments

• s_luvhardy
    Options
    hi guys, i am new to this. Just bought a contract with Mobiles.co.uk with free insurance(1 month) and gadget helpline(1 month) for my little brother. It's been about 2-3 weeks and he lost it. Can i still make a claim in the free insurance period ? Pls help. Thanks in advance.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not for loss:
    http://www. mobiles.co.uk/faq-insurance.html
    What doesn't it cover?
    The Phone Care Policy does not protect against loss of your phone. Claims for damage or theft are not covered if your mobile is left unattended in a public place or in a vehicle. A full list of exclusions is available in the policy terms and conditions, which can be found here.
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi guys, i am new to this. Just bought a contract with Mobiles.co.uk with free insurance(1 month) and gadget helpline(1 month) for my little brother. It's been about 2-3 weeks and he lost it. Can i still make a claim in the free insurance period ? Pls help. Thanks in advance.

I do hope that you have rang the network to have the phone barred !!!!
  • runneratmidnight
    Options
    I just canceled both of these and it was quite easy. Found my details from post code and no hard sale! Here is the number you need.

Insurance: 0870 111 7002
    Gadget: 08444 772 995
  • mahaga
    mahaga Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    neas wrote: »
    Hi all, think this new galaxy is theft proof the phone knows where it is to within 3ft even when switched off.why anyone would steal one would be insane,police will be there very soon.my household insurance covers my galaxy and so will most peoples.so don't waste money on another scam from insurance and banks.
    Just got wife new phone with mobiles.co.uk and hopefully got my cashback too :).

One problem though, is there was no way to remove the gaget and mobile insurance from the order (free for 1st month but we dont want it at all.

How do I go about cancelling the gadget support and mobile insurance? Is there a number to ring? Supposedly I have to cancel Direct Debit to stop mobile insurance... but how will i tell difference between gadget support, mobile insurance and my actual line rental?

Am sure someone else has gone through the same thing with mobiles.co.uk and used the correct process etc... So just wondering if i could get the exact protocol to follow so i dont get stung 10 quid at the end of 1st month :P.

Thanks all.
    neas wrote: »
    Hi all, think this new galaxy is theft proof the phone knows where it is to within 3ft even when switched off.why anyone would steal one would be insane,police will be there very soon.my household insurance covers my galaxy and so will most peoples.so don't waste money on another scam from insurance and banks.
  • andydgg
    andydgg Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    i just got a mobile from these too and was included in the scams, sorry insurance and gadget helpline, I'll cancel as soon as I can, checking emails and if not here tomorrow I'll call them. These are a total con and should be opt in not opt out.
    LBM; Nov 2010 27206.14
    DFW: FEB 2011; HBOS 14215, VIRGIN 3271 BCARD 7130 OVD 2200
    NOW; OCT 2011 HBOS 13537.12 VIRGIN 2709.12 BCARD 6231.02 OVD 0
    NOW; NOV 2012 HBOS 7593.55 VIRGIN 1690.46 BCARD 5609.25 OVD 0
    Feb 2013 HBOS 6840.69 VIRGIN 1586.17 BCARD 4456.60
    DFD DEC 2014
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its pretty clear that you are being opted in for both when you order so its hardly a scam. If it was opt in then you wouldn't get as good a deal....
  • Dibblersan_3
    Options
    Insurance can also be cancelled online, although bizarrely I would be breaching FSA regulations if I provided a link (honestly - not allowed to advise on insurance products).

Try google - it's on the main CPW site.

From experience refunds are fairly freely given by Gadget Helpline if you honestly didn't realise you had to cancel and the first payment is taken.

Regards,

AS I never received a Welcome Pack, nor was I aware of this wretched "insurance" how can I cancel. The website doesn't give me the option to ask for the detail as happens on many other websites when the data input required has gone astray.

I needed the phone, took the opportunity to take a reasonably low tariff and BANG just when I didn't need it nearly £24 taken from my account.

Should I not have received a Direct Debit Guarantee from you as well - yet more evidence of what I personally call underhand dealing!
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from the Rep...he hasn't been on here for almost 2 years now.
    It's not just about the money
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Dibblersan wrote: »
    AS I never received a Welcome Pack, nor was I aware of this wretched "insurance" how can I cancel. The website doesn't give me the option to ask for the detail as happens on many other websites when the data input required has gone astray.

I needed the phone, took the opportunity to take a reasonably low tariff and BANG just when I didn't need it nearly £24 taken from my account.

Should I not have received a Direct Debit Guarantee from you as well - yet more evidence of what I personally call underhand dealing!

Assuming you ordered on-line the reason that you weren't "aware" was that you didn't read what is clear on the offer details. Indeed, for the last few months with this dealer you can readily cancel the normal insurance at the point of sale on-line, although not the gadget helpline. IF you printed out the details when you ordered you will find it's all on there; if you didn't you really should have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure