Remove Biro mark from Cream Leather HELP!

Options

Comments

• elljay20
    elljay20 Posts: 5,200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LJM wrote:
    milk is supposed to work something to do with the acid in it,so oh just shouted in my ear

will try this tonight, thanks
    :p It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • youngie
    youngie Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    try saddle soap
  • PARSIMONIOUS_2
    Options
    Had the same problem myself with ink on my kitchen units... the only thing I know works for definite is paint stripper....it removes the ink (completely )and DOES NOT damage the surface if you wipe it quickly
  • pollyskettle
    Options
    DS scribbled on my chocolate brown leather sofa with a biro a few weeks ago. Although it didn't show much (only when the light hit it right) baby wipes removed all of the offending mark (and no dye residue) - worth a go :)
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • doormat_2
    Options
    my partner got permanemt marker pen on our leather settee last night, the pen sort of exploded so you can immagine the state of it, i was well gutted as nothing i tried made any difference, till i looked on here this morning and see the tip about hairspray, i have just been and tried it and it worked a treat, thanks for that
  • doormat_2
    Options
    thanks for that
  • emilyt
    emilyt Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get blue biro ink out of cream leather. Just don't know what to use on it and don't want to ruin my chair. Thanks in advance.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi emilyt,

We have a recent thread on getting biro off a leather sofa that should help you so I have merged your thread with it. Good luck with getting it sorted.

Pink
  • emilyt
    emilyt Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thankyou Pink-winged. That is brilliant i am going to try out some of the ideas.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D
  • M0neysav3r
    Options
    Hi

As per the title i'm trying to remove a biro mark from a leather shoe :o I've tried the pen remover we use on the leather suite but thats not worked, i've tried scrubbing it but that removed some of the colour from the boot as they are red leather (kiddies).... Any other ideas?
    :j No Debts (Other than HUGE mortgage! :eek: )
    Generally trying to cut back where possible :j
    GC - March £143.82 / £200 Feb £156.03 / £150 Oops! Jan £180.78/£200:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family