Remove Biro mark from Cream Leather HELP!

Options

Comments

• newmoneysaver_2
    Options
    Another vote for stardrops here! My cream leather suite always come up a treat!
  • livinginhope
    Options
    I always use milk to get rid of biro on leather,man who sold us our sofa told me this when I was going to buy ink remover,he said it is something to do with the acid in the milk,works a treat.
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    I swear by Flash Magic Eraser - you can get it quite cheaply in most places and it is like a small rectangle of hard foam, which you dampen and gently rub over the stain. I have removed all kinds of stains with it - it even got nail varnish off my newly emulsioned wall and didn't bring the paint off. You can get other makes of the eraser, but IMO the best is Flash.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • Fibabe
    Fibabe Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    I've used perfume before. The alcohol in it gets rid of the ink. Your sofa will smell nice too!
  • shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    Im with hairspray. Works everytime. If it is dried in may need a couple of squirts and rubs.

I would have thought Cif would have damaged the leather as it is slightly abressive:confused: .

I got some conditioning wipes from Wilkinsons for 1.99. They clean and condition, although think I will get some saddle soap as equestrian shop just opened up in town so should have it in stock:D

We also have cream sofas and several experiences of biro.
  • Mics_chick
    Mics_chick Posts: 12,014 Forumite
    Options
    I always use milk to get rid of biro on leather,man who sold us our sofa told me this when I was going to buy ink remover,he said it is something to do with the acid in the milk,works a treat.

Definitely going to try this one first :T - I've got some milk but I don't use hairspray or nail varnish remover so I can't use them! :D

I use baby wipes for cleaning marks of the leather suite because I've always got them handy. The risk of losing colour isn't an issue because the suite is long long overdue for a good clean, so the baby wipes just clean off some of the ingrained dirt along with the spillage!

The saddle soap suggestion is also excellent :T so I'll be getting some of that to finally get the suite closer to its original condition.
    You should never call somebody else a nerd or geek because everybody (even YOU !!!) is an
    "anorak" about something whether it's trains, computers, football, shoes or celebs :p :rotfl:
  • Mics_chick
    Mics_chick Posts: 12,014 Forumite
    Options
    Fibabe wrote:
    I've used perfume before. The alcohol in it gets rid of the ink. Your sofa will smell nice too!

Tried milk but it didn't work for me.:sad: So I tried perfume and it's definitely started to work.:T But I'm gonna finish off with some old perfume I don't wear anymore (after I fish out from upstairs) because it takes a few sprays to get 1 mark off and it was using up too much of my fave perfume! :D

But I'm really pleased to find something that works at all :j MC
    You should never call somebody else a nerd or geek because everybody (even YOU !!!) is an
    "anorak" about something whether it's trains, computers, football, shoes or celebs :p :rotfl:
  • furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are using something ingredient you are not sure of, try using it on somewhere that doesnt show to see what reaction you get, before trying on a prominent position.
  • elljay20
    elljay20 Posts: 5,200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all you os'ers, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the above?
    dd has taken a pen to my leather dining chair and i don't know what to use to get it off:confused:
    Have tried my trusty stardrops but to no avail,
    Little so and so:rotfl:
    :p It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure