Life Cleanse Scam: WARNING!

I can't believe I fell for this; my only excuse is that it has never happened to me before.
I bought a product called Life Cleasnse, which is supposed to be a colon cleanser, from a company called viv3 labs.
It was a free trial; I cancelled within the timeframe requested and thought that was the end of it, but they went on to debit £75 from my card and are not responding to emails since.
I am not the only one.
Here is a complaint site about this firm, with many similar compaints:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/viv3-labs-c216009.html?sort=datea&page=2&selcom=373087#c373087

I have sent a complaint to Watchdog but I doubt that they will do anything, as this will not make good TV. They are not exactly going to televise the product NOT cleansing our colons!

Anything else I can do?
A total scam.

Comments

• Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    Well you could ask your debit card provider whether or not they would do a chargeback.

I realise that this is not congruent with the new fluffy MSE Forum but a colon cleanser? What's wrong with having a good dump?
  • arunadasi
    arunadasi Posts: 1,237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Halloway wrote: »
    What's wrong with having a good dump?

Nothing, But theres nothing like the feeling of having your pipes cleaned out thoroughly; a lot of goo gets stuck. I used to use water enemas many, many years ago but ca't be bothered now.
  • arunadasi
    Well you could ask your debit card provider whether or not they would do a chargeback.

I asked them what could be done and as I had given the company my details they said it was not possible. Shall I go after them again?
  • Halloway
    arunadasi wrote: »
    Nothing, But theres nothing like the feeling of having your pipes cleaned out thoroughly; a lot of goo gets stuck. I used to use water enemas many, many years ago but ca't be bothered now.

Well OK, I'll defer to your greater experience in these matters!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    arunadasi wrote: »
    I can't believe I fell for this; my only excuse is that it has never happened to me before.
    I bought a product called Life Cleasnse, which is supposed to be a colon cleanser, from a company called viv3 labs.
    It was a free trial; I cancelled within the timeframe requested and thought that was the end of it, but they went on to debit £75 from my card and are not responding to emails since.
    I am not the only one.
    Here is a complaint site about this firm, with many similar compaints:
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/viv3-labs-c216009.html?sort=datea&page=2&selcom=373087#c373087

I have sent a complaint to Watchdog but I doubt that they will do anything, as this will not make good TV. They are not exactly going to televise the product NOT cleansing our colons!

Anything else I can do?
    A total scam.

Before you ask about a chargeback you should check the terms and conditions, I bet somewhere in the very small print that they can do this. Not good but been seen before.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • arunadasi
    I just got an email form tem saying I had to cancel within 7 days.
    Well, I cancelled within 7 days. I'm going to worry this thing till I get my money back!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Yes, but I bet you had to click on a box saying you agreed to their terms and conditions, on the website when you ordered.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Pssst
    Pssst Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Well OK, I'll defer to your greater experience in these matters!

I dont know whether to laugh or cry....:confused::confused:
  • Halloway
    Pssst wrote: »
    I dont know whether to laugh or cry....:confused::confused:

And not for the first time, I bet. ;)
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    It sounds like they are full of....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors