First Debt Elimination Scam

Options

Comments

• Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 May 2010 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Nothing directly. I was clearly drawing a parallel and highlighting an irony. But it has everything to do with the question that you asked, which I answered. Remember?
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing directly. I was clearly drawing a parallel and highlighting an irony. But it has everything to do with the question that you asked, which I answered. Remember?

Cannot see how you answered my question, I have not handed over hundreds of pounds to anybody and got absolutely nothing in return. I have lost nothing over and above whet I agreed to pay.
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    Cannot see how you answered my question, I have not handed over hundreds of pounds to anybody and got absolutely nothing in return. I have lost nothing over and above whet I agreed to pay.

My point is that your stance is that ''purely through their own greed and the expectation of getting something for nothing'' which, in isolation is fair enough.

But you also have an expectation of getting something for nothing in being perfectly happy that ''idiots'' pay for your ''free'' banking.- which by any standards is greedy. The irony is that the biggest source of revenue from PCAs (50%) is derived from those who remain in credit as opposed to bank charges for unauthorised overdrafts (30%). So who is cross-subsidising who?
  • craftyjus
    Options
    wiskas wrote: »
    We were scammed by them as well - Louise called me & told me that they could eliminate most of my debts - I paid £995 + VAT and received contracts from them - I was also told that the companies I gave details of were regular ones they had dealt with and that we would have no problem getting the debts wiped out & that they would contact us in 6 weeks to tell us to stop paying our creditors - it's now 4 months no call from them & they dont answer the phone or e mails - does anyone know if this is fraud & is there a legal case for them to answer??? i will contact the bank to see if I can get it back - how do i get a letter saying they have ceased trading???? anyone know
    Hi! I too have been scamed by Park Lane Services, although they have ceased trading in Ipswich, they are now trading in Northampton. If these are well known for the debt ellimination scam, why are they still trading!!?
    I paid over £1000 last october, and just heard that I may not get my money back from my credit card company, who are also liable for the money I paid out.
  • samhuzz
    samhuzz Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    Did you guys know that you don't actually need a company to see if your debts are unenforceable? There is a thread on here about how to do it yourself, there's also one about claiming back PPI.
    Everyone I know wants to be a millionaire.
    Not me, I want to be a billionaire.
  • houndog_3
    houndog_3 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Just some information that i found while looking around, park lane services have indeed changed their name and are now trading as cancelcredit.net still operating from fuengirola spain under the umbrella of IMM2001 S.L. those of you who were ripped off like me last year will remember this name from your payment slip. IMM2001's telephone number is 952197094, they are based near the feria ground in the old telephone tina's shop. Nat West are being pretty helpful in getting my money back, if i find out any more will post.
  • houndog_3
    Options
    Found this advert in a Spanish newspaper under job vacancies. See link below.

myservicesdirectory.com/Category/recruitment/situations-vacant/

NATIVE English speaking tele-operators wanted to work from our offices in Fuengirola. Paid weekly and no clawbacks. Contract supplied. Fully qualified leads. Join us now. If you think this is for you then Tel: 0034952197094 or Mob: 622167518 and ask for Alanor . Email CV to vacancies@cancelcredit.net Ex employees need not apply.

Have forwarded information to M.O.J and Nat West.
  • crafty123
    Options
    i hav just come across this site me and my husband hav allso been scamed but did not relise till we parted with our mony but if you hav paid by credid card get in touch with your bank as you can claim the mony back for sevices not compleated
  • crafty123
    Options
    DAISYELLE wrote: »
    Sorry to hear they got you too!
    We have just found out, via this website, that we too have been scammed by Park Lane Services, we paid out £1700 last April and nothing has been done to help us. We are being taken to Court by some of our Creditors as we were told by Park Lane Services not to pay them. What do we do now?
    i put my hands up i hav been scamed by first debt alimination they told me last year to stop paying my credid cards so i just paid the minumin my minimum was 70 pouns wich lasted a year till i found out recently that it was a scam been in touch with credid card company so i hav to sed details i paid them 600 i go sick when i think i waited so long and belived them i hav since taken a loan and paid my credid cards of wich is what i should hav done in the first place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure