First Debt Elimination Scam

Options
1356

Comments

  • SCOTTK1976
    Options
    I to have been ripped off by these scally wags, i am sending a letter today to Barclay card using Credit 75 Act.

    If any one has any news please keep us updated??
  • tysonjade
    Options
    unfortunatly my mam was scamed by PARK LANE SERVICES INTERNATIONAL LTD and it would be of great help if any-one knows the where abouts of these people or their office in spian thanks.:think:
  • polina
    polina Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    sueandash wrote: »
    I've received a letter from the financial ombudsman this morning saying that they cannot deal with my claim through Park Lane as they are not authorised and will in future deal direct with me.
    Looks like Park Lane did do something for the money. And I now have official proof that these people are no longer trading so will attempt to get back my money from the credit card I used to pay the. Watch this space!

    i agree with the post from furgy about us stickin together. they may have appeared to have ceased trading but they have re-invented themselves again. still calling from the same offices in spain scamming more unsuspecting card holders. reading old threads suggest they have done this several times including timeshare scams. there are several other businesses under the same name in spain, check out businesses under the plsi label. earlier posts on this site give the office address. why is it that the legal bodies inplace to protect us from this, (or sort it as soon as the problem arises) cannot visit them enforcing the law for them to return all illegally taken money. if anyone can pay them a visit maybe it will bring this to an end. if not constant pressure applied to your credit card company, the moj and oft should get you a refund. maybe a regulation shoudnt be give to companies trading outside of the uk so its easier to act on bad companies.
  • sueandash
    Options
    Received a phone call this evening from the woman who originally phoned me from First Debt offering their services, in response to a message I left on their helpline. She said that Park Lane are being taken over by another company and they will be continuing with my claim. I should be receiving a letter from them in a few weeks.
    This should be interesting as I've already applied to the bank for the forms to claim under section 75 and have already heard direct from the Financial Ombudsman.
    If nobody else hears anything before me I'll post any addresses and contact details I get (if I get a letter of course).
  • megs_4eva
    megs_4eva Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 April 2010 at 7:38AM
    Options
    We too have been scammed by this company. Have been with them since june 2009. Like most have paid on credit card so hoping to get a refund under section75. In the process of doing this via creditors. We too have been told they have stopped trading, but on checking with trading standards they are still ACTIVElLY TRADING! But are not contactable! Surprise surprise! Not sure what chance we stand of getting our money back- but hoping. Creditors want proof that they have stopped trading which of course we cant get. Really think we need to stick together guys! I will re-post any future info I get as I'm sure everyone else will! Just so angry with myself for falling for it!
  • polina
    polina Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    sueandash wrote: »
    Received a phone call this evening from the woman who originally phoned me from First Debt offering their services, in response to a message I left on their helpline. She said that Park Lane are being taken over by another company and they will be continuing with my claim. I should be receiving a letter from them in a few weeks.
    This should be interesting as I've already applied to the bank for the forms to claim under section 75 and have already heard direct from the Financial Ombudsman.
    If nobody else hears anything before me I'll post any addresses and contact details I get (if I get a letter of course).
    any chance of forwarding their new trading name. maybe everyone can call them and report it to the oft & moj?
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    I think there is a certain natural justice in these people who thought they could wriggle out of paying back money they had borrowed getting stitched up themselves. Purely through their own greed and the expectation of getting something for nothing.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    I think there is a certain natural justice in these people who thought they could wriggle out of paying back money they had borrowed getting stitched up themselves. Purely through their own greed and the expectation of getting something for nothing.
    Come on, leave out the comments like that and give advice rather than judgement. That is what we are here to do, give advice not judge someone's thought process or desparation.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

    This username is no longer active.
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    Come on, leave out the comments like that and give advice rather than judgement. That is what we are here to do, give advice not judge someone's thought process or desparation.

    Many of the people who went with these companies were not desperate, just greedy.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    Many of the people who went with these companies were not desperate, just greedy.

    How do you KNOW they were? They heard the patter and believed the spiel. It's a bit like taking a packaged account from a bank when they say that it is the only way the loan will go through. You take it and believe the spiel(not everyone does but some unfortunately do).
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

    This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards