We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Something broken? Let us know on the new Report a Technical Issue board. Please use Site Feedback and Forum Help for other feedback.

Major Changes To Forum Policy

13567…37

Comments

  • itsinthemail
    itsinthemail Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    I'm not a newbie but have only been here a couple of months - can someone tell me what PPR means please - I have read the post, but cant find it :confused:
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,268
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    While im loving the humour folks (and i promise its from typing!) can we leave it there.

    We will be reviewing this thread for feedback and i would like to keep it on topic :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Mado
    Mado Posts: 21,776
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Though sometimes those posts are in the non-MoneySaving boards, and don't actually show any real contribution to the wealth of MoneySAving knowledge.

    So we are considering discounting posts and thanks in the discussion baords from the post and thanks count - to make them a more reflective indicator.
    Oh Dear... I used to post useful money saving stuff (both questions and answers), now just drivel...:eek:

    :naughty: fine. I'll go and post useful stuff again and earn my thanks the hard way.:D

    Anything that keeps the nastiness at bay is good.
    I lost my job as a cricket commentator for saying “I don’t want to bore you with the details”.Milton Jones
  • chaddy7604
    chaddy7604 Posts: 20,469
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm not a newbie but have only been here a couple of months - can someone tell me what PPR means please - I have read the post, but cant find it :confused:

    Posting Privileges Removed
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,542
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I'm not a newbie but have only been here a couple of months - can someone tell me what PPR means please - I have read the post, but cant find it :confused:

    Posting Privileges Revoked (or Removed)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

    IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Itsinthemail, it means Posting Priviledges Removed.

    Tigs, I'll see that and raise you...I'm blonde too!!
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    While im loving the humour folks (and i promise its from typing!) can we leave it there.

    We will be reviewing this thread for feedback and i would like to keep it on topic :)

    Sowwy...that's me told. And I'm laughing like a schoolkid. But yes, back to the topic. :D
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Blackpool_Saver Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    How about moderators on the forums?
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Like the newbie alert, but think it should be the first 5 posts rather than 3
    Like the footie cards
    Suggest you do a review and refresh with your team and the BG's at reasonably frequent intervals given that the forums are now the 10th most popular social network site in the UK. Up your game.............new wine, old bottles..........erm that's enough from me.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • BallandChain
    BallandChain Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Ah.....that wasn't my interpretation. I thought you could still thank but that your total just wouldn't increase if the thanks came from the Arms. :confused:

    I hope you're right Aliasojo. I read it the same way as Bogof Babe. I do like the thanks button for the same reasons she posted, lol. :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.