Reporo / Pigsback queries

Have set up this separate thread so people can discuss problems and solutions for the Reporo offer on Pigsback.com. There seemed to be a bit of demand for this, but aware that it could also confuse matters further. Guess we'll see how it goes...

Guide to Reporo - courtesy of Matt'

The below is a guide to Reporo, courtesy of OP Matt' - originally at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1947943#post1947943

Hello

This is my guide for Reporo to get 500 piggy points and a 50p CD or £8.25 off a DVD. Firstly you need to have a Pigsback account, if you are reading on the forums then you probably will already, if not then you can sign up at http://pigsback.com/registration/memRegister.asp.

Next you will need to click on the Reporo link at Pigsback.com. This is essential to get your 500 points. Click on http://pigsback.com/offers/484554470/default.asp to get to the Reporo page and then click Take up offer located on the right hand side.

You will now be at the Reporo home page. You should see: “Get shopping in just three easy steps. First, what make is your phone?” Select your make and model of phone to continue by clicking on the appropriate icons. So if you have a Nokia phone, click on the “Nokia” logo then your model.

If you can not see your phone listed, do not worry. Often there is a phone very similar in style and model number which would be fine on your phone. For example, the Nokia 3200 and Nokia 7250 are very similar phones (although they are both listed), and the Java application would work on both of these. If you have any doubt as to if your phone would work with Reporo then just ask on the forum, we would be happy to help. If you are unsure then you could just go ahead with the phone and download the application anyway, its not going to harm your phone in anyway. The worst that would happen is you would get something along the lines of “Unable to start application”. If this happens, simply delete the application from your phone using the options menu, no harm has been done.

Once you have selected your phone you will see “And finally…We now need a few details in order to send Reporo to your phone.” Fill out all your details, including the credit/debit card details, as this is a bit of a pain to do on the phone itself (its easier using a keyboard, rather then having to text your address into Reporo). Once you come across the Mobile Network, select your network. If you are on O2 Pay as You Go, select O2 Pay Monthly. This selection doesn’t actually matter; all this is used for is data collection through Reporo, which mobile network most use their service. As long as you can access the WAP over your phone, either through circuit switched wap (dial up) or GPRS you will be able to get Reporo. So if you have O2 PAYG then Reporo will work with your phone. The only operator that I am aware of that will not work with Reporo is 3, as they only allow you to visit their website so you will not be able to download the application.

Now proceed by clicking “Send Reporo to my mobile now”. The screen “Before we send Reporo to your mobile, do you have GPRS set-up on your phone?”. If you know you have accessed WAP on your phone before, to either download a ring tone, visit a website etc then click “YES, please sends me Reporo now”. Although it states GPRS you can also use dial up, as long as you don’t mind waiting a little longer for the pages to load (GPRS is faster than circuit switched wap). If you have never visited wap before, just check before Reporo sends you the settings that you can access the internet (the new settings they send you may be unnecessary if you already have the correct settings). On your phone browse to “Services” or “Fun and Games” or something similar. Go to Home, or “Browser” followed by home. If this page loads then you can successfully connect to WAP and you do not need settings. If the page doesn’t load or you get an error, allow Reporo to set your phone up for you by clicking “NO, please send GPRS settings to my phone” Once you have done this, click “NEXT, please send me Reporo now”

You will now get the message “Reporo has been sent to your phone. Follow the instructions below to install it.” Follow the instructions on the Reporo website to download the Reporo software. Once you have downloaded the application it will say “Would you like to open the application now” or similar. Select Yes. The Reporo software will load and you will then be able to search for a CD or DVD. This should be fairly straightforward, just follow the prompts. Once you have added the item to your basket you will notice that no discount has been applied. You need to go to the checkout before this happens. Then, enter your ePIN to confirm your order. You should get an email from Reporo confirming this (although I don’t really like the way this is done as you don’t get a CD-WOW order number until your item has been shipped, so you can not track its progress, unless this has been changed?)

Now you should have ordered your item and got your great £8.25 discount + £5 worth of piggy points. Reporo is great for a whole load of shops, have a browse at what it can do, its really quite useful if your on the go a lot. You can get to Reporo again once you have closed it by going to “Applications” or something similar like “Games” and then “Applications”

NB: I have had to generalise in this guide in several aspects, the phone and the operator. As each phone is different (although they are all rather similar) its hard to write a guide specifically for a phone, therefore you will see I have written “or similar” quite a lot. Take a look around your phone and I’m sure you should be able to find it. Reporo does also have a help guide, it may be of some use, https://www.reporo.com/help.jsp.

If you have any questions ill be happy to help, just post below and you should get some replies. I would sign up for this offer quickly, as it will not last that long so you don’t want to miss out. Although it’s not confirmed, it appears that you have to purchase an item from Reporo to receive the Piggy Points.

Comments

• Jemsnation
    Jemsnation Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    does anyone know how you go about deleting configurations on nokias cos i seem to have filled them up.
    Opinion Panel £50 Lightspeed: £40 Pigsback: £303 Valued Opinions: £365 Media Transfer: £32 Juicy Brains- £30 American Consumer Opinion: £16 Freebie Networks: £220 Cashback Sites: £1503.87 Competitions: £200 Total Cash Value: £2759.87 Last updated: April 2023
  • RACHIE77
    RACHIE77 Posts: 2,014
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am stuck on step one and getting no reply from my email to reporo... can anyone help suggest an alternative phone? I am using a NEC 343i that is i-mode activated on on O2 PAYG??? (this is the phone here: http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/handsets/viewHandsetDetails.jsp?prodID=consumer:NEC:343i:IMODE:GROUP)

Thanks for setting up a new thread redrum and thanks for that helpful guide Matt` - I didnt spot that before!! :D
    Official DFW Nerd 210 :D
  • borntoshop
    borntoshop Posts: 2,177
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Originally Posted by Matt`
    O2 PAYG will work on everyphone that has GPRS! The connection problems and errors people are having are just their setup issues. Please dont put people off from trying Reporo saying it doesn't work, this is your settings which are incorrect

It looks like its just your settings, try getting them from O2 instead.

http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservice.../0,,184,00.html

Make sure that you successfull save the settings and set them as the default, otherwise they will be no use "

I had already got the settings from O2 as you had advised in the earlier thread. I have not heard one O2 PAYG say they successfully got Reporo to work Matt, hence my pessimistic comment, sorry to offend you, I am so frustrated with this.
  • borntoshop
    borntoshop Posts: 2,177
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just received from O2:

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Service.

Your Motorola V547 is not compatible to download Reporo.

Before downloading you need to make sure your phone is compatible with the download you want to purchase.

To check this please click on the 'O2 Games Compatibility List' link below:

http://www.o2.co.uk/games/phones.html

Listed are all the phones and when you try to click on the link for my phone it is unclickable, maybe people with O2 PAYG should see if ther phone is compatible.
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    borntoshop wrote:
    I have not heard one O2 PAYG say they successfully got Reporo to work Matt, hence my pessimistic comment, sorry to offend you, I am so frustrated with this.

Just to clarify.. it worked fine at the first attempt on my Nokia 3200 which is on O2 pay & go.. (select the pay monthly option)

The phone was previously locked to Vodafone.. had it unlocked, so please dont be put off trying it on your phone..
  • Jemsnation
    Jemsnation Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mich_city wrote:
    Just to clarify.. it worked fine at the first attempt on my Nokia 3200 which is on O2 pay & go.. (select the pay monthly option)

The phone was previously locked to Vodafone.. had it unlocked, so please dont be put off trying it on your phone..

What is ur configuration wetting called? O2 Wap GPRS or O2 Web Mail? maybe it's neither...
    Opinion Panel £50 Lightspeed: £40 Pigsback: £303 Valued Opinions: £365 Media Transfer: £32 Juicy Brains- £30 American Consumer Opinion: £16 Freebie Networks: £220 Cashback Sites: £1503.87 Competitions: £200 Total Cash Value: £2759.87 Last updated: April 2023
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    Jay86 wrote:
    What is ur configuration wetting called? O2 Wap GPRS or O2 Web Mail? maybe it's neither...

Hi.. the settings are O2 WAP GPRS.. hope that helps
  • RACHIE77
    RACHIE77 Posts: 2,014
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just noticed that I had a response to my enquiry about my phone not being listed, the response was on their website not by email...
    Phone Model not listed
    April 08, 2006 @ 23:41:16
    Hi there, my phone model is not listed, can i join up with my phone?

Re: Phone Model not listed
    Neil Ives April 10, 2006 @ 12:29:55
    Dear,

At present we do not support the NEC 343i.

We are currently expanding the range of phones that we support and yours will be included soon.

I'll let you know when a version that you can use is made available.

Kind regards,

Neil Ives
    Reporo
    Official DFW Nerd 210 :D
  • RACHIE77 wrote:
    Just noticed that I had a response to my enquiry about my phone not being listed, the response was on their website not by email...

where abouts on the site was it please?
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • Hi, I'm having trouble registering with Reporo- once I've selected my phone (Sony Ericsson w800i) the registration form does not seem to load at all. I tried to register on Sunday and Monday but keep encountering the same problem. Does anyone know why this may be happening?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure