Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,783 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately too many of those days!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to read of the various issues Seaxwyn. hopefully when you all actually arrive on the holiday, you will all have time to regroup and move on x
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Options
    OH got paid today - £236. It didn't even clear his overdraft. So in the last three months he has earned a princely £819.

Despite all my good intentions about not increasing debt, I am pretty much decided I will pay my tax bill with a credit card - I've got some cheques from Virgin that are 6.9% LOB. I know this is increasing my CC debt, which is exactly what I don't want to do. But otherwise I will pay it with my NatWest overdraft at 18+%. I have to pay for our holiday this month, as well as all the regular payments, so there is no way I can absorb such a huge sum.

Very very very upset, frustrated and angry with the college.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Seaxwyn..so sorry to hear that you are feeling so low and that the situation has driven such a huge wedge between you.
    You are struggling so much is it worth considering a DMP or something similar.I really don't know what to suggest but as you know your OH needs a proper job.I can really sympathise with you as the worry is so draining.
  • Seaxwyn
    Options
    Thanks Taxi! We couldn't do a DMP as we don't have regular income. Definitely the solution is for OH to get a job but somehow he can't, or won't, see it. He is as furious as me about the recent pay c*ck-ups though, so he might be coming round to seeing things differently.

I've just arranged to do a paper round for the next 3 weeks - so that will be £60 cash income.

The kids and I are off to a festival this weekend, so OH will have the house to himself and I hope he will use the time well, doing some paid gardening, listing more stuff on ebay and other useful things.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wish I could wave a magic wand and make things right for you. Frustrating though my OH is over MSE stuff, he does work as many hours as he can and gets the money in as a result.

Enjoy the festival - it will be a much needed break for you. Just enjoy what you are doing and leave the crap stuff behind for a couple of days.

xx
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,783 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hugs to you Seax, hope you have a fab time at the festival.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Seaxwyn
    Options
    Must get packing for the festival.... meanwhile have received 60 quails' eggs in the post as a gift from a generous friend and am struggling with a terrible dilemma - boil or hatch?

• hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    boil some, and enjoy, hatch some and enjoy :confused:

best of both worlds then.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Have a good time at the festival.I agree with Hypno...boil some /hatch some.
    Hugs xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport