A fresh start

Options

Comments

• MiniLaura
    MiniLaura Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do you use turbo lister for ebay? makes listing items so much easier when there is a lot and its easier to change them for relisting etc.
    :j Debt-Free-Wannabe! :j
    Declutter/Ebay/Savings
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Options
    OOh 1 thing has a bid (99p) and one has a watcher. OH's auctions have not appeared..... I'm at home on Weds so hope to get a few more up. I have never used turbo lister, I am a real numpty with ebay. I've never bought anything on it either taxi, you are not alone!
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Two of the Amazon books just sold...whoo hoo. Need to do the ebay stuff and Turbo Lister hates me :confused:
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    It's all jargon to me..lol...
    Why didn't OH's go on??
  • Seaxwyn
    Options
    A few setbacks today. Ihave gone overdrawn on my NatWest account - at 18.36% interest - a cheque I assumed had been paid a while ago has just been cashed. I hate using that overdraft - I managed to avoid it for two whole years so slipping back into it now is a real feeling of failure.

It's my darling DDs' birthday today and all I could afford to give them were pens for one and blu-tack for the other. Makes a change from the socks they have had the two previous years I went to Sainsbury's to buy cake ingredients and stuff for a birthday tea party - and realised too late that I had given OH my cards and the only one I had on me was a Virgin credit card, which I have just transferred £2750 onto for a low LOB. So now I have £22 at high interest trapped behind the transferred cash. I'm gutted..

Also, we need to hire a car for our holiday in Italy in August. The prices are SO high that OH is now proposing to drive our car out there. That does seem the cheapest solution, but infuriating when we have paid airfares - if the car is going out anyway we could all have driven. I am feeling really upset about this, though I suppose I'll get over it. I don't know if I can at least cancel his ticket.

I feel deeply, deeply, poor. My change of work regime has made no difference to the fact that we're simply not solvent. I'll get a cheque soon for my freelance work, but most of that will go on tax. And then there's a whole month's living, including a holiday, before any more money arrives. OH will get paid this weekend, it's such a cliffhanger not having any idea what he will get.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• boredofbeingathome
    Options
    One step forward two steps back at times. Is there any way you can cancel flights and get money back?
    Have you factored in the petrol costs? it may well be cheaper to hire than drive across yet.

Birthday wise, well they are going on holiday and that is always good. Hope you enjoy it after all the worries.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You and I have been drinking from the same cup today I reckon. I went over my limit and got charged for the first time in over a year......gutted. It was my own fault I know, but the way it has made me feel is horrid and really depressing because it highlights just how far we still have to go before we can ever take things easy. I have a good salary now, but I am still skint and unable to relax.......

Happy happy birthday to DDs.....I once wrapped up a roll of masking tape for mine - I kid you not! She made loads of models out of cereal boxes and loo roll middles, and masking tape was just the perfect thing :o

We'll get there.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,782 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup I think I also got that cup. Just discovered Barclays have taken £66 in charges. Not a happy bunny.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One of those days then :mad:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Seaxwyn
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your charges.

I don't know why the holiday thing has upset me so much. We were going to drive anyway (it is much cheaper than flying & hiring a car) then my dad offered to pay for flights as he thought that would spare us a lot of stress. So the plane tickets haven't actually cost us anything. I'm annoyed that my dad's money has been wasted. And I'm also annoyed that we're incapable of paying for a hire car. I also think there's an element of OH trying to secure himself some time away from me, he will enjoy the drive, and that annoys me too. The money problems have driven a big wedge between us and I can barely tolerate him at present.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure