A fresh start

Options

Comments

• Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Options
    Inspired by buddiebabe's organisation, I have just transferred the balance off my Barclaycard to Virgin, which has a 6.9% LOB offer. Not that low but it will do. As of today, our credit card total is 16,451.59, which is about the same as my net earnings last year - a stupid position to be in. It has to come down.

We don't know what will be in OH's pay packet this month. It could easily be nought. Once I've paid my tax bill there will very little left over to live on next month but I don't want to go into my NatWest overdraft. I have found some saleable items and stacked them on the dining table, meaning we can't eat until they have been photographed ready for listing on ebay tomorrow night.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to list this weekend too - I am off work the week after next so I would have the time to pack up and post anything that sells while I am off.....

So....I pledge to do something ebaywise this weekend if you do?
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Seaxwyn
    Options
    You're on! I'm hopeless at ebay so I need a challenge.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ladies, I'll join you if I may. My "stick it in the Dining Room and I'll ebay it" pile has reached ludicrous proportions. It needs tackled.
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • Seaxwyn
    Options
    I was going to wait til tomorrow morning to photograph things - the light is not good now - but is that just procrastination?

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've listed one thing......I will do a bit more tomorrow......
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck on your e-bay challenge.Is it really that tedious?..I've never bought or sold from e bay.
  • kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Tedious is too exciting a term. Buying is great, selling is poo - very fiddly and boring but the type of boring that requires (for me) complete concentration. So I can't do it and watch TV or listen to the radio cos then I make mistakes and the poo multiplies and become dino poo!!

You should check it out for buying tho Taxi, you will find so many things you never knew you couldn't live without .... Danger Will Robinson
    lost_in_space.jpg
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • Seaxwyn
    Options
    Good morning fellow challengees - it's ebayday! Wonder of wonders, OH is out in the garden photographing all the [STRIKE]cr*p [/STRIKE] valuable merchandise I piled up on the table last night. I had better go and help him before he loses interest. Will check in later.

Taxi - not so much tedious as fiddly. You have to photograph the things (a challenge for me as I can't operate a camera), get the photos off the camera onto the computer (how do you do that?) then write accurate descriptions of the things and weigh them and work out how much it will cost you to post them. It takes a surprisingly long time to list each item.

• Seaxwyn
    Options
    We've photographed a fair few items now, but ground to a halt when we came to the Duplo, Lego and K'nex. We have tons of this stuff, and it seems from ebay that some items go for good money. So we have taken a break to sort, wash and research it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure