Jeans or No Jeans ?

Options
Not quite sure if this is moneysaving or not :D

At what age should women stop wearing jeans ?

(I'm carefully keeping clear of size :p )

(I accept no responsibility if this is viewed as a sexist post ;) )

I suppose the moneysaving bit is relavent as denim is more hardwearing than any other fabric.

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if I ever intend to stop , as long as they are comfortable and fit me I will carry on..... sorry but I really hate to see older ladies in those nylon elastic waisted , one size fits all pants....... I am by no stretch of the imagination a small person but as long as my daughters don't say , oh god mother you cannot go out like that :eek: (and they would I have no doubt) I will wear whats looks good and is comfy...... ;)

Is there a reason why you ask Dora?
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • jellybabies_2
    Options
    my moms 71 ans still wearing her jeans.....in fact i think she'd look funny without them!!!!!!
    no smutty remarks please!!!!!
    if you are comfy in them rather than a nice a-line knee length skirt, does it really matter?
    make sure ya backside isnt hangin out though if ya doing lunch at the ritz!!
    heeeee heeeeee
  • lanyroo
    lanyroo Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    I am 54 and have just bought my first pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love my jeans & am lucky enough to be very slim & young looking for my age so can get away with a nice snug fit & the dropped waist styles.

I wouldn't be seen dead in trainers though, not my style. I like nice shoes & boots too much. :p

It doesn't look so good to me when you see people with jeans that are all baggy & saggy around the bum. Nor if quite large people wear quite tight jeans. But at the end of the day, if they feel comfortable in what they are wearing, that's all that matters really.

I hope you enjoy wearing your new jeans lanyroo. :)
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    i bought a pair of jeans and my son told me they were too light so i havnt worn them, i am only 5ft 2 so never sure if i should get bootleg, straight leg or whatever, by light i meant the colour
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've never owned a pair of jeans in my life!!! I think they look scruffy.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • jellybabies_2
    Options
    not on me or my mom they dont!!!!!!!!!!!
    but hey ho. each to their own.
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    What age to stop wearing jeans? Never.

Margaret Clare
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cattie wrote:
    ..... that are all baggy & saggy around the bum. .
    :)

.........you tend to find that's the case with or without the jeans! :rotfl:

Sorry Dora, studiously avoiding the question. The wife tends to check my posts from time to time. Anon
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • Dora_the_Explorer_5
    Options
    Interesting posts..........just what I hoped for. My view is even though a woman may look 65 from the front - if she doesn't look 16 from the back in jeans she should graduate to something a little less unforgiving.
    Mike - you were very wise to post anonymously :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport