PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Shopping on a very tight budget

Options

Comments

• amie
    amie Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    i kno pasta is cheap anyway but i always go 2 asda and get a massive bag (3kg) for about 1.40 sumthing
    is really gud 4 homemade meals and seems 2 last forever!!
    Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?
  • tango
    tango Posts: 13,110 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quickie,got my free cat samples today,that was quick,cheers Queenie :D
    Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.
  • Rachel021967
    Rachel021967 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    To make meals cheaper and more nutritious I always bulk out mince dishes, stews and curries with vegetables. Brilliant thread and good luck with your challenge.
    Rachel
  • tango
    Options
    To make meals cheaper and more nutritious I always bulk out mince dishes, stews and curries with vegetables. Brilliant thread and good luck with your challenge.
    Rachel
    Thanks Rachel,was going to do a chicken mish mash today and bulk it out with some veg i had left,but my darling cats managed to open the fridge door again,and ate the leftover chicken :mad:
    Going to buy a child lock today :D
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tango wrote:
    Thanks Rachel,was going to do a chicken mish mash today and bulk it out with some veg i had left,but my darling cats managed to open the fridge door again,and ate the leftover chicken :mad:
    Going to buy a child lock today :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Mine used to do that as well!!!! (hope you've got something else to eat!
  • tango
    Options
    Yes Jaybee...............a frozen chicken :p
    They are all locked out in disgrace :mad:
  • bulchy
    bulchy Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Well Tango, you did say you were gonna try to get the cats to hunt there own food, maybe you should have told them they had to do this outside, not in your fridge :rotfl:
    Sorry I shouldnt laugh, I know. They wont even realise they've done anything wrong :mad:
    Sue
  • tango
    Options
    bulchy wrote:
    Well Tango, you did say you were gonna try to get the cats to hunt there own food, maybe you should have told them they had to do this outside, not in your fridge :rotfl:
    Sorry I shouldnt laugh, I know. They wont even realise they've done anything wrong :mad:
    Sue
    Yes i did didn't i :o They have obviously overheard all my talk of cutbacks,and decided to take what they can while it is on offer :D
    Chips and sweetcorn today :o
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tango- when i was single ,I lived alone , worked full-time very long hours, some distance from my home. i bought a slow cooker so I could have a hot meal prepared when I got in. One day I put a chicken cass in to cook. I later discovered I'd left slow cooker lid off and cats had wolved the lot :D
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    Spendless wrote:
    tango- when i was single ,I lived alone , worked full-time very long hours, some distance from my home. i bought a slow cooker so I could have a hot meal prepared when I got in. One day I put a chicken cass in to cook. I later discovered I'd left slow cooker lid off and cats had wolved the lot :D

I've had my slow cooker sitting in the corner of the kitchen after being used just once. Now i'm off to work 9.30 until 2.30 i want to start making meals in it again so that it's ready for once the kids come home from school. It's just that after looking at the recipes on here, i'm confused because the ingredients and how much of each item to used is not always shown. Any Help??? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure